Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Have silk satin pillowcases/bonnets made a big difference for you?

Length
    pixie/KL/max
    Type
    1a/F/i

Default Re: Have silk satin pillowcases/bonnets made a big difference for you?

Interesting. I haven't noticed any real difference. I do continue to use the sleep bonnet, but only because it's easier to contain the length.

Length
    EAR/WAIST/TERM
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/i/ii

For me definitely. When I sleep on a cotton or other pillowcase now I see the big difference in how tangled it is when I wake up

Length
    Shave/36 in/?
    Type
    2a/F/i/ii

I definitely notice a difference with my satin pillowcase less tangles.

Length
    Buzz/CBL+/Long
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I thought it did, but apparently it really doesn't.
    See I don't sleep with a/the same pillow every night, and also have 3 cats that can destroy satin in 1 second flat, so I'd always just take my satin pillow case each night and lay it down before I went to sleep.
    Then I got way too fatigued and lazy because life circumstances changed, I forgot my satin pillowcase for several weeks, and then it got to the point where I preferred the texture of the cotton on my face.
    My hair is completely fine and pretty much exactly the same.

But for some people it's a WORLD of difference... so know which category you are in!
    More than halfway between CBL and APL!!!
    APL by New Years 2022!?!? Goal is classic+
    Art Blog on WordPress

Length
    APL/Hip/FTL

I believe my silk pillowcase is the reason why specifically my shorter layers are actually growing now. In the old days they were split messes that would just break off and never grow and I have been fighting layers for, I swear, 10 years. They’re growing now! Or, at least, they don’t have giant terrible splits and white dots in them constantly.

I also got a satin sheet set for Christmas and since I toss and turn at night I think this is helping too.

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Calf/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Yes, most definitely. I sleep with it bunned under a loose cap and on a satin pillowcase; I'm not aure if double protection does actually do anything but it feels better to me to have most flyaways contained, then any that do escape are okay on satin pillowcase anyway. (Maybe I'll do a test run on holiday of just the pillowcase ) my hair also retains moisture better when it's bunned rather than loose. But the difference in material is way less frizz, no fairy knots in my wispies in the morning, and my hairline wispies grow longer than they used to before satin.
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Purple Enthusiast SleepyTangles's Avatar
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

For me a silk satin pillowcase makes a pretty heavy difference, expecially on the bleached bits.

As for polyester satin, it works fine on the hair but I find It makes me sweat a lot. In general I don't like synthetic fibers against the skin, not even in clothing.
    Pixie! - Ear - Chin-length floofball - B(L)ob - Shoulder - APL...

Length
    BSL/BCL+/CL+
    Type
    2a/F/ii

To me, nothing. My hair it's just the same.
    Next Goal: TBL. Final Goal: CL+.
    26/07/2019 last bleach - 11/10/2019 last dye

Length
    Pixie/Pixie/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I've been wondering this as well. Glad to see a discussion around it.
    Lady Lolury Guardian of the Crystal in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Current hair care goal: No trims until July 2022 (unless something major should change)!

❤️Heatless hair —see blog Glitch's Avatar
    Length
    CBL/Waist/Hip+
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Starbunny View Post
    I've been wondering this as well. Glad to see a discussion around it.
    Yes, super interesting responses/experiences! Really looking forward to seeing what a potentially big difference this could make when my satin pillowcase arrives. Will update after about a month's use or so
    No trims since July 10th - just a motivational siggy since I have a hard time keeping my hands from snipping away!