Thread: Hello, I'm ready to heave long healthy hair again!

Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii/iii

Red face Hello, I'm ready to heave long healthy hair again!

Hello!
    I'm here because I want from learn from you. I've had dyed hair which I straightened everyday basically since I was 12 years old. I had a complicated relationship with my hair, because all girls my age had straight beautiful brown or blonde hair and I had naturally red curly hair, which the boys made fun of. Teenage-me hated her hair so much. But as I got older (I'm 22 in a few weeks), I began to like it the way it was. Honestly, a few years ago I wouldn't have left my house without straightening my hair.
    I stopped to dye and straighten it two years ago, and also began to learn how to properly take care of curly/wavy hair with the curly girl method. I was able to grow my hair past my shoulders. However, I decided to shave it all off in January, because I wanted a fresh start, and, well, it's a once in a lifetime experience I guess. I donated all of my hair to an organization that makes wigs for kids who lost their hair due to illness, so I don't regret it. Now my hair is a few inches long and I hope that it'll grow back prettier and healthier than ever. I don't know what my goals exactly are, but I haven't had really long hair since I was a child and probably it's time to bring that back. Hopefully, I'll be able to let it grow without cutting it again (I'm easily bored, so...)
    I'm happy to be here!

Adora

Default Re: Hello, I'm ready to heave long healthy hair again!

Welcome! I went through a similar experience with shaving my head too. My curls have reached shoulder by now and are healthier than they've ever been, so there's definitely hope
    There are many threads here related to the CGM so I'm sure you'll find something that's your cup of tea.
    Happy growing!
    Shaven/Shoulder/APL
    conehead, sulfate user, frequent washer

Length
    17/32/TBL
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Hi and welcome! I really wish I had started my journey with a buzz cut like you to get rid of damage and I can’t wait to see progress pics as you grow! I am very partial to red hair, both of my children have it and it’s so beautiful! You’ll probably find your goals changing the longer you hang around here, when I first joined I though BSL was super-long and couldn’t imagine making it that far. Every year it seems my goal is different but I’m enjoying the experience and I hope you do too.
    CBL/APL/BSL​/MBL/Waist/Hip/TBL
    No trim challenge second half of 2021

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Oh wow if you are that impulsive, look out. No, joking with you, well... half-joking. We do have a 2 week thread when you want to do something impulsive, to wait it out 2 weeks. So go there, announce what you are wanting to do, and let people talk you out of it, with some good reasoning (makes you think, and not want to take scissors or clippers to the hair that fast). If you post before you just up and do it, of course.

Welcome.

Red curly hair is so pretty. And it's true you never truly appreciate what you got until it's too late. It took for me towards the better part of my 30s to accept my ashy tone (had all kinds of colors, all natural colors, and never felt OK about it, so changed it up so fast). Been there, done it. My texture is something between barely wavy and maybe a curl here and there, and it was *so* hard for me to accept it and to know how to properly take care of it.

So I do get where you're coming from.

Anyway... Welcome & happy growing!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    BSL/calf/floor
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

Welcome! Your hair sounds beautiful.

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Welcome here! Your hair already sounds so very pretty! Happy growing to you!
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    0.25/50/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Welcome!

I will crawl out from your screen

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

Hello welcome!