Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Rose Vinegar Hair Rinse

Length
    CL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Rose Vinegar Hair Rinse

Hmmm my mixture is still quite boozy when I taste it even through I added acv 1,5 week ago. I think the sour hint is just from the acv I added. Is there something wrong or am I just impatient? There is some residue or something like floating in top.

This is so interesting, I would love to try making a rose vinegar some day!

Length
    Pixie/2"/36"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by cestlavie View Post
    Hmmm my mixture is still quite boozy when I taste it even through I added acv 1,5 week ago. I think the sour hint is just from the acv I added. Is there something wrong or am I just impatient? There is some residue or something like floating in top.
    Be patient, this rose one seems to be slow. The film that is forming should grow into the mother which means the brew is being to vinegar.

Length
    CL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    Be patient, this rose one seems to be slow. The film that is forming should grow into the mother which means the brew is being to vinegar.
    Alright, seems fair. Thank you for answering again! I’m already looking forward to put it to use.

Student of long hair care squirrrel's Avatar
    Length
    24/45.7/?
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Vinegar takes awhile. If I remember right, when I made my plum vinegar, the first ferment was around a month.
    I didn't let the rose go as long as I want a milder finished product so it didn't need to be as boozy.
    My plum mix was straight up strong wine by the time I finally strained out the fruit.
    Sounds like my instinct to leave it be is right then. I haven’t checked yet today but I shall do so soon. As this is a first vinegar for me it’s a voyage of discovery.

Length
    CL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Yes! I checked the jar and there is a mother floating on top! I did a little taste test and the bubbles/carbonation are gone, and it is acidic now. Is this where I can officially call it vinegar?

Length
    Pixie/2"/36"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Yep, its officially vinager. Strain it and bottle, it can be kept at room temp but could grow another mother and thats ok.

Length
    CL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Yep, its officially vinager. Strain it and bottle, it can be kept at room temp but could grow another mother and thats ok.
    Yay! One question, how can I preserve the mother so I can make a new batch with it?

Length
    Pixie/2"/36"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Put the mother and a cup or so of vinegar in a jar and put it in the fridge. Not sure how long it will last or if it will need to be fed for long term storage

Length
    CL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Okay, so today was wash day and I used the rose vinegar as a rinse after shampoo and conditioner. I let it sit for a few minutes and rinsed it out. The smell was like a light rosey vinegar but way less pungent than acv (hate that smell). Now that my hair is dry it is way shinier and fluffier than before. My scalp likes it too. No vinegar smell to detect so I’m very very happy. Acv always left my hair smelling like vinegar no matter what percentage in the rinse.