Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Alternative to LWB?

Length
    ankle/calf/calf
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

Default Re: Alternative to LWB?

physicschick, if you are comfortable creating a braid, I highly recommend a pinless braided bun. It is fast, easy, and holds well. Also, it looks very neat. At one time, I posted pictures along with instructions on how to do this. I will write out instructions, if you are interested.

Length
    8 in./40 in/50 in
    Type
    1a/F/M/i

Quote Originally Posted by Gem View Post
    A LWB was my go-to for years, but Spock buns are working better for me now and I feel like they look a bit fancier too.
    Spock buns usually need two sticks or a fork, but they lay flatter and yu can see more of the coils
    Oldest LHC Member Currently holding the title: The Eldest
    Radical Believer in the Kingdom of God being here at hand.

Length
    8 in./40 in/50 in
    Type
    1a/F/M/i

I love the way a Nessa bun looks when anchored to the side instead of that loop going over al the others.
    Oldest LHC Member Currently holding the title: The Eldest
    Radical Believer in the Kingdom of God being here at hand.

Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Thank you, everyone, for the many great suggestions. Quick update on this...

• I am still practicing with the L-infinity bun. It has good potential; I just need to be able to execute it more successfully.
    • I'm having trouble seeing the difference between a nautilus bun and a LWB. Yes, they are started differently, but it seems like the end result is structurally the same. Am I missing something?
    • I tried the spock bun, but my hair is too short for it. (I have enough hair to make it, but the ends don't wrap around the center enough times to make the second loop secure.)

I will gradually work through the other suggestions. For those who suggested a braided bun, I agree that looks much tidier than an unbraided bun. However, once I've made a braid I'll just wear a braid. I am too lazy to do two things (braiding and then bunning). Actually, a braided LWB is what I make when I need something really secure. It holds extremely well for me.

Community Guidelines
    ~ Contact a Mod
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." ~ Ghostbusters