Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Baby Fine Hair and Conditioners

Length
    12/32/35
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Default Baby Fine Hair and Conditioners

Hi. It's been a long itme since I've asked this question. There are new people here and new products out there. I need to buy conditioner soon, so wondering what is working for you? My worst problem is tangling. I don't care cones or no cones.
    Started growing at 42. Always admired and wanted long hair. Thrilled to find waves!!!

2b-F-ii

Length
    16/38/TBL
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Re: Baby Fine Hair and Conditioners

Biolage conditioning Balm is great and has been my go-to for many years. I follow up with a leave in spray or cream and when my hair is dry and ready to comb I have very few tangles.
    CBL/APL/BSL​/MBL/Waist/Hip/TBL

Length
    12/32/35
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by sipnsun View Post
    Biolage conditioning Balm is great and has been my go-to for many years. I follow up with a leave in spray or cream and when my hair is dry and ready to comb I have very few tangles.
    Interesting. I liked that years ago. Somehow got away from it. Didn't know if it still existed.
    Started growing at 42. Always admired and wanted long hair. Thrilled to find waves!!!

2b-F-ii

Length
    16/38/TBL
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by UP Lisa View Post
    Interesting. I liked that years ago. Somehow got away from it. Didn't know if it still existed.
    They did change the ingredients at one point but I still find it works. I occasionally move on to something else but always come back to it. It doesn’t entirely eliminate tangles but definitely makes them more manageable. I’ve been using it for over 25 years, since my early 20’s so it’s a ‘tried and true’ product for me I also love it as the base conditioner in SMT’s when I can remember to do them.
    CBL/APL/BSL​/MBL/Waist/Hip/TBL

Length
    12/32/35
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by sipnsun View Post
    They did change the ingredients at one point but I still find it works. I occasionally move on to something else but always come back to it. It doesn’t entirely eliminate tangles but definitely makes them more manageable. I’ve been using it for over 25 years, since my early 20’s so it’s a ‘tried and true’ product for me I also love it as the base conditioner in SMT’s when I can remember to do them.
    May I ask what you use for a leave in? I haven't found anything that works all that well.

2b-F-ii

Length
    SL/WL/WL
    Type
    1b/F/i

I know that struggle. I am really enjoying the Love Beauty and Planet conditioners. I've used the tumeric one and the coconut water one which is their lightest weight formula. I can use either up to my roots or even as a cowash without worrying that it's going to weigh my hair down. I don't experience any tangling with them, but I do use a heavier conditioner on the last two or three inches of my hair which are drier and more tangle prone.
    October 2019 - 17"
    March 2022 - 30" Waist

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I have used the Pantene Aqua Light conditioner, and it is way too light for me, but I have F hair that you can actually weigh down (due to texture & thickness). Might be excellent for your purposes!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    Pixie/MBL/Hip
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i

I used to have great success (before yeast issues) with Nature's Gate Herbal or Aloe conditioners. They changed the formulation on the Herbal one though, and it didn't do as great. I also liked the Renpure Argan conditioner, just got tired of the smell (like baby powder)!

Length
    12/32/35
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    I have used the Pantene Aqua Light conditioner, and it is way too light for me, but I have F hair that you can actually weigh down (due to texture & thickness). Might be excellent for your purposes!
    I guess I could try it.....

2b-F-ii

Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Sally Beauty GVP version of the original Biolage balm is still the original Biolage formula, I've been using it for EVER. It is also a fabulous leave-in. No silicone if that is an issue for you, and cheap as chips. If you have a Harmon/Face Values, their version is identical, just a tad bit more expensive.

I have baby bunny fine hair. Air weighs it down, this stuff is absolutely a gem. Hope this helps. Oh, and cute piggy!