Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Unsure if I should give CO a try...

Length
    3.9/24/30
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Unsure if I should give CO a try...

Quote Originally Posted by Nox_Inber View Post
    Just my but CO washing doesn't have to be an all or nothing situation. You could try CO washing once or twice a week (or two, depending on your wash schedule) and see your hair and scalp respond. I personally can't do regular CO washing because I need sulfate shampoo but I do benefit from it once in a while like I would a deep conditioning treatment. Good luck!
    I agree with Nox_Inber. Try it a couple of times to see if it works ok for your scalp. If you are using a lot of styling products then CO washing will not be enough.
    Also all conditioners are not suitable to be used for Cowashing. Make sure you choose one that actually says "Co-Wash".
    Don't regret the chop, but now I want to see how long it can get

Actually, before all of the "co-wash" products came out, many people were using lightweight conditioners like V05 and Suave (where do you think the commercial manufacturers got the idea?). Many of us still do.
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Length
    ChinL/MBL+/Term
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Starbunny View Post
    Howdy, all! I KNOW you guys would know the answer to this question.

I have 1c/2a, F, ii hair. I also have scalp psoriasis. Is something like CO washing a good idea? I did it in college and it made my semi-wavy hair have SUCH good waves and I rememeber my psoriasis being better as well. but I am 11 years out of college now (turning 33 this month) and I'm not sure if my scalp psoriasis will do alright with CO washing...

I'd love y'all's thoughts!
    I think that it would be a good idea for you these days as it's been 11 years since you were in college, and it did your hair and scalp good back then! I don't see why not?! I also have a finicky scalp too dealing with dandruff and flakes every now and then but every other week or so I also use the Head & Shoulders Shampoo and Conditioner. I know that the people here at LHC are always against it but it really works well for my hair and scalp. If you decide to do it just make sure you always use a clarifying shampoo or a shampoo with sulfates in it. Can you use shampoos with sulfates in it?
    (Chin length) (Shoulder Length) (Bra Strap Length) (Mid Back Length) (Waist Length) (Hip Length) (Tail Bone Length) (Classic Length) (Mid Thigh Length) (Knee Length) (Calf Length) (Ankle Length) (Floor Length)