Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In search of Attar that smells like Sesa oil???

Default Re: In search of Attar that smells like Sesa oil???

What does sesa oil smell like? Now I'm curious. Is it all natural or chemical perfume?

Lunasea, do you apply gloss on dry hair?
    Last edited by Cyclamen; June 11th, 2021 at 02:30 AM.

Type
    1b/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclamen View Post
    What does sesa oil smell like? Now I'm curious. Is it all natural or chemical perfume?

Lunasea, do you apply gloss on dry hair?
    You can but I usually put it on damp hair.
    (We are) star stuff contemplating the stars...Carl Sagan
    In old age; wandering on paths of beauty; lively may I walk...Night Chant of the Navajo.
    Time is the fire in which we burn...Delmore Schwartz

Lunasea, thank you!

Length
    20 in/18 in/100+
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lunasea View Post
    If you are looking for a light hair product that smells like incense you might want to check out Black Phoenix Alchemy's hair glosses. I have VERY fine thin hair and can use them by spraying one or two shots on my hands and then running them through my hair. Some of the stuff is REALLY strong smelling. There are a lot of glosses in stock but you have to scroll pretty far down this page to find them.
    Thank you, Lunasea. I have looked at them in the past, but could never figure out the scents and was a little worried about the cones. My hair is isn't just fine, it has thinned to less than pencil diameter, so much so I have had to chop it all off because of scraggle-head. But I would be willing to forgo my fear of cones if the scents were lovely enogh. Do you have any suggestions??? (I have tried a few PO's from there, but nothing truly incensey...and I can't ever tell from their descriptions. Lol)
    Cyclamen, to me it smells incensey. I think it depends on your nose, though... The longer I have it the more I like it. Maybe the scent is ageing like a good perfume oil??
    Last edited by Lilelfen1; June 15th, 2021 at 10:18 AM. Reason: To reply to Cyclamen

Type
    1b/F/i

I have thinning hair too. I really can't speak to any of the scents that are up there now in terms of incense. My favorite that I own is called Raven Black and that definitely smells like incense (even DH has commented that it does) but I don't think that's been made for a while. Honestly, I think you just have to read the descriptions and go for what sounds good to you. On occasion, you can find samples/decants on eBay. That has worked for me to try some out.
    In old age; wandering on paths of beauty; lively may I walk...Night Chant of the Navajo.

Length
    20 in/18 in/100+
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lunasea View Post
    I have thinning hair too. I really can't speak to any of the scents that are up there now in terms of incense. My favorite that I own is called Raven Black and that definitely smells like incense (even DH has commented that it does) but I don't think that's been made for a while. Honestly, I think you just have to read the descriptions and go for what sounds good to you. On occasion, you can find samples/decants on eBay. That has worked for me to try some out.
    Hmmmm...ok, might have to do that then. Are there any that you like particularly and that you would be willing to share the names of or briefly describe, ( aka smells like cinnamom buns, smells like B&BW Twilight Woods to me, etc.) perhaps and please? My problem is I never understand the fragrance very well from a written description, with the exception of *maybe* Snake Oil. The descriptions from these companies tend to be overly wordy :ex. Ozonated roses burnished with broken pine and the fresh turned earth of a grave in Transelvania. Erm... I don't know about you, but I have never smelled any of those thingsby themselves let alone blended. 😂😭

Type
    1b/F/i

I usually go for anything that says incense or blackened whatever in the description. Musk usually smells good to me but it has to be the kind that they describe as black or burnt or dark - something like that. I do not like things that smell like food. I got a sample from them of something that was supposed to smell like maple and it did. Problem was, it smelled like MAPLE. Oh my god did it smell to high heaven. I couldn't get away from it fast enough. The other problem for me is that a lot of smells give me migraines so I have to steer clear. You might actually love something that gives me a headache. You might want to write to them and ask them if they are doing any decants. Sometimes they will send out small samples of hair glosses you are interested in so you can smell them. Not sure they are doing that right now but it might be worth a try. I literally don't have any glosses in my collection that they are currently making. A lot of people like the dead leaves mixes but that is one that gives me major headaches so it doesn't matter if I like it or not, I can't be anywhere near it.

I think the best thing for you to do might be to look at the list and find a gloss that looks like it might be good to you. Copy the name of it and paste it into google search. One of the top results that will come up is the name of the gloss followed by - Hair - BPAL Madness. That will give you access to pages in a forum where a lot of people review that particular scent. For example, if you copy "La Roue de Malheur Hair Gloss" into Google chrome, the second search result that comes up is BPAL Madness and here is the page of descriptions of the scent from different reviewers.
    https://www.bpal.org/topic/91708-la-...ur-hair-gloss/
    BTW, I've found it's much easier to do a search from Google than on the site itself.

Length
    Waist/3 ft./6ft.
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

Betcha there was LOTS of fenugreek in your MAPLE bomb blend! Just saying.... wouldn't henna without it, but PHEW!

Length
    NL/APL/HL
    Type
    4a/C/ii/iii

To me, sesa smells like a more fragrant baby powder. Maybe my nose is weird