Thread: June 2021: Pinwheel Bun

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/58.5/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default June 2021: Pinwheel Bun

Here is a challenge, can you do this on your own hair? Can this be done with long hair?!

58.5 in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*

Length
    8 in./40 in/50 in
    Type
    1a/F/M/i

Default Re: June 2021: Pinwheel Bun

Yes that is a challenge!!
    Oldest LHC Member Currently holding the title: The Eldest
    Radical Believer in the Kingdom of God being here at hand.

Secretly a Bald Dude AmaryllisRed's Avatar
    Length
    MBL/KNEE/cheez
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

I really like how it looks! But there is no way I'm attempting it.
    (Maybe on my daughter, though.)
    Hair is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
    My not-usually-hair-related blog is at www.thecoffeelessmom.wordpress.com

It's cute, but I can't imagine how long it would take me to do it, lol.

And I suspect that I would never get my hair back *out* of it. (My hair tangles way too easily and it would tangle with the bun maker {mine is mesh, not foam}, with itself and all the little twisted parts, the ends would tangle in and I'd have a hard time finding them in order to start unwrapping, etc.) I'd actually be interested in seeing a video of how they get it out, like, how do they find again that little last strand, and then figure out how to pull it back through the bun maker just right so as not to tangle it with other hair (instead of pulling it through where it came from, I'd probably manage to pull it through two other strands of hair and get the whole lot horribly tangled), and how they untwist all the little parts from each other, etc...

ETA: Oh! I wonder if I could do it with a bunch of tiny braids, though...
    Last edited by Kat; June 1st, 2021 at 07:45 PM.
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Length
    APL/FTL+/FTL?
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

Fat sections, wrapped a few times before adding more hair, instead of thin and single wraps, maybe? Seeing as with length, it's about using it up, rather than stretching it to last! But even then, I'm with Kat in wondering how the heck you get this back out again. I'm also wondering how that poor girl has so much patience as to sit through alllllll those hairstyle videos, especially with as long as some of them must take!

Darn hair dressers and their misplaced bra straps... Looks like it'll be longer between hair cuts this time, with an extra 6 inches to regrow!
    <APL ~APL~BSL~MBL~WL~HL~TBL~Classic~ FTL ~ Knee???

Length
    12/32ish/Thigh
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

This seems doable with my length! I will buy a bun form and try it sometime.
    Finally at waist! Now for the journey to TBL and beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by SparrowWings View Post
    Fat sections, wrapped a few times before adding more hair, instead of thin and single wraps, maybe? Seeing as with length, it's about using it up, rather than stretching it to last! But even then, I'm with Kat in wondering how the heck you get this back out again. I'm also wondering how that poor girl has so much patience as to sit through alllllll those hairstyle videos, especially with as long as some of them must take!
    Plus the R&D to invent/perfect the styles before filming even happens! I'm always impressed with all of the kids in these types of videos.

(I notice, though, that the kids are always the type with thick, super-smooth hair that goes easily into any style, and looks nice in it. I can just imagine my mom trying to style my hair on video when I was a kid, with dealing with the tangles and me crying because of the tangles and all the individual strands pulling out and looking messy, etc. etc...)
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Length
    Shorn/SL+/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

I like that I might try that at my course on Thursday, on someone else lol my hair is much too short for that