Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your most protective day to day hairstyle?

Length
    9/28/TERM
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default What is your most protective day to day hairstyle?

Hello everyone,

I'm curious! What is your go to (most) protective hairstyle? Which bun or braid do you think protects your hair best and which tools do you use?

I'm working in healthcare and have MBL hair. I'm on the search for a sturdy hairtoy that doesn't stick out too much (as my patients can grab it), I can wear every day and does a good job in pinning my hair in the back without pulling it too much. Could you advise me something?

Kind regards!

Default Re: What is your most protective day to day hairstyle?

Quote Originally Posted by Boucles d'or View Post
    Hello everyone,

I'm curious! What is your go to (most) protective hairstyle? Which bun or braid do you think protects your hair best and which tools do you use?
    Usually I made nautilus bun. Sometimes lazy wrap bun.

I'm working in healthcare and have MBL hair. I'm on the search for a sturdy hairtoy that doesn't stick out too much (as my patients can grab it), I can wear every day and does a good job in pinning my hair in the back without pulling it too much. Could you advise me something?

Kind regards!
    Do you thought about ficcare? I never had that, but I heard only good opinions... It should be better option than stick for you.

Length
    cbl/ftl/knee
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

I would do a braided bun with amish pins, or a cinnamon bun. Because the pins wouldnt be easily ripped out and they hold solid like a rock. Both buns are flat to the head too. Milkmaid braids would work too.

My go to protective style is a bun with a stick. But i think maybe sticks are out of the question for you because a patient could snatch it.
    ۞
    Lady Tyet, Weaver of the Endless Strands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    15/40/tbd
    Type
    2c/F/ii

I second cat's suggestion of a braided bun, only I use spin pins when I want to be sure nothing moves without feeling like my hair is pulled very tightly. You might also try a spock bun, I think that would work well with ii mbl hair.
    Lady Daybreak, keeper of the Stars & Sea ☽︎ artist, lover, general mystic

Onward and Upward GoddesJourney's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/TBL!/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii/iii

Spin pins were the only thing that really worked for me as far as practical all day use. At your length I could make a pretty sturdy low bun for military use. It stayed tight even while working outdoors and putting on and taking off hats. There is nothing to grab and the spin pins hide inside the bun so they are not very visible. Two big ones could hold but I preferred four either big or little ones alternating and parallel. I even hasmd some other girls ask me how I kept it looking tight without hair bands. They're not expensive.

For cool tips on life, check out my blog, How to Be Awesome, For Free, a survival guide for surviving in style.

Length
    BSL/Waist/BSL
    Type
    1b/M/ii

My hair is about BSL, my best bet would be three spin pins in a cinnamon bun and they don’t really pull at my scalp

Length
    Bob/31"/Term?
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

When I was working healthcare and needing to really secure mid-back to waist length hair, my go-to was a folded french braid, secured with medium-sized claw clips at the top and sides of the folded braid. Held like crazy (I mean, it NEVER budged), didn't pull (which is super important for me, I can't stand even one little hair pulling), and super protective. Also, inexpensive (plastic claw clips and an elastic), no danger to patients, and essentially invisible. Win win win.

Start October 25, 2020: 24"
    24"...25"...26"...27"...28"...29"...30"...31"

Length
    Buzz/Pixie/Happy
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Claw clips are my #1 go-to no matter what length my hair is.
    I've had issues with hairs snapping when I insert sticks, but I still use them sometimes for the ~aesthetic~.

Anything that tucks the ends out of the way is great. I do a modified peacock twist with a claw in which I fold down the part that would "peacock out" to tuck my ends in.
    I need to make a video of this style eventually I think it's kind of hard to explain in just words lol, hope I did an okay enough job though.
    Whatever the style I do, I put my satin-lined beanie over it in the winter. Hair does not like cold!!
    The hat is very roomy inside so it fits even with a claw, just have to be careful putting it on so I don't damage the satin.

The thing about claw clips is you want a good quality one, that isn't going to get hairs caught in the joint every time you use it.
    You also don't want a lot of ridges where the plastic was put together, those can be rough on hair too.
    I use scunci brand ones with a lot of success, they're cheap and easy to find at target.
    But if you have really thick hair that breaks most claws, or just want something a little nicer, you'll have to dish out some extra dollars. That's true of all hair toys though
    Just trying to get by

Mediocre Clarinet Player ExpectoPatronum's Avatar
    Length
    APL/WST/CLSC
    Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

My go-to style lately has been a cinnabun held with a four-pronged fork. It holds like a rock all day and doesn't pull on my hair. Spin pins are also great for securing the hair without anything sticking out.

I agree with others that a braided bun would be a good choice too.

Starting from scratch
    7/4/2019
    Curly: SHDR.APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Stretched: APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Lady Andromeda, Keeper of Feathered Fauna, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    BSL/HL/???
    Type
    1b/1c/M/C/ii/iii

For me it's the lazy wrap bun. Not only is it easy and convenient, it also protects the ends without being tight or twisted and only requires a stick to hold.

Aw just read the rest of the OP. I've seen people do this bun with other accessories so that should keep grabbing at bay
    🌸Growing my hair until I can't handle it anymore🌸