Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Henna For Beards, Help Needed Please ***NOOB***

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Henna For Beards, Help Needed Please ***NOOB***

hello there people, hope youre all well and safe in this pandemic!

so where do i start? i grabbed some lush henna for a decent price so i thought i'd give it a go,
    its actually the lush caca rogue red henna but because i got it recently,
    im also looking at what henna to get next, so i need your lots help please...

im hearing that jamila body art quality is a really good one

also i've read and watched on youtube about using all sorts of thing in with the henna like for example using apple cider vinegar, yoghurt, honey aloe vera powder etc etc

what is actually really good, beneficial and recommended though?

suppose what im asking is what works and what is actually gimmicky?

Default Re: Henna For Beards, Help Needed Please ***NOOB***

i also wanted to ask as im reading and getting mixed signals,
    when youre going to rinse out the henna from your hair, do you wash it out with shampoo and conditioner or just water only?

after washing the hair and coming oout the shower and detangiling the beard etc, whats the best thing to apply to your hair?

just hair oils? or can i use a beard butter? the beard butter is just hair oils, essential oils and shea butter combination mixed

Length
    29"/34/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

I've never used it on a beard but I think the same principles apply. When I use it on my hair, I leave it on for 1-2 hours. I don't usually mix mine with anything but water. I rinse it out with conditioner but I'm not sure if you'd want to use that on your beard. I think just water will be fine unless you want to use something more. And you can use whatever you want after using henna. Very few things will remove it. As for what kind, I just buy whatever BAQ stuff my local Indian grocery sells. I'm sure some people here can tell you more about the different kinds.
    Lady Meikyo of the Cerise Blade

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty89 View Post
    I've never used it on a beard but I think the same principles apply. When I use it on my hair, I leave it on for 1-2 hours. I don't usually mix mine with anything but water. I rinse it out with conditioner but I'm not sure if you'd want to use that on your beard. I think just water will be fine unless you want to use something more. And you can use whatever you want after using henna. Very few things will remove it. As for what kind, I just buy whatever BAQ stuff my local Indian grocery sells. I'm sure some people here can tell you more about the different kinds.
    so does any BAQ henna work fine?

is BAQ considered to be better then henna for hair? if so, do you know why that is?

thanks saj

Herbivore
    Length
    23/hip/tb
    Type
    2b/M/iii

BAQ is generally better because it's smoother and nicer to work with and stains better, you don't need anything except warm water to melt the oils in the cake and make it spreadable. I have used henna on my boyfriend's beard but he wasn't very happy with it since it stained his skin and for two weeks it looked like he had eaten tomato sauce without washing his face. But I guess it varies depending on how oily your skin is and what cleansers you use.
    I always wash my hair with shampoo no matter if I have henna in my hair or not.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I used to wash it really well, water only, until all the hardened chunks (it happens despite cling film) were out, sort of in a bucket of water, just swishing my hair about. Then I took cheapie conditioner and put that in, giving it lots of slip and getting more out. Only then did I wash with shampoo, and conditioner next, so my "regular" wash. And it was all out after that.

It all kind of depends on the length of the beard, how much of this you can indeed implement. But pre-washing with conditioner is always a great idea! Then wash/condition again.

HTH!

And Isilme is totally spot on, BAQ stains better than henna for hair (that is already weakened henna powder, or a lesser stain, mostly because a lot of people don't want the full effect henna can give). But BAQ is veeery nice!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    I used to wash it really well, water only, until all the hardened chunks (it happens despite cling film) were out, sort of in a bucket of water, just swishing my hair about. Then I took cheapie conditioner and put that in, giving it lots of slip and getting more out. Only then did I wash with shampoo, and conditioner next, so my "regular" wash. And it was all out after that.

It all kind of depends on the length of the beard, how much of this you can indeed implement. But pre-washing with conditioner is always a great idea! Then wash/condition again.

HTH!

And Isilme is totally spot on, BAQ stains better than henna for hair (that is already weakened henna powder, or a lesser stain, mostly because a lot of people don't want the full effect henna can give). But BAQ is veeery nice!
    yea i might try washing it out just with water too

any idea if this henna hadrami from yemen is any good?

just grabbed a few packets for cheap from the local yemen arab shop, its expensive on ebay uk and only this seller selling it too
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/112892371...AAAOSwrT9at7EH

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by saj1985 View Post
    yea i might try washing it out just with water too

any idea if this henna hadrami from yemen is any good?

just grabbed a few packets for cheap from the local yemen arab shop, its expensive on ebay uk and only this seller selling it too
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/112892371...AAAOSwrT9at7EH
    I have never heard of it. Tried Googling it?
    Yep, first time I've heard it mentioned!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    I have never heard of it. Tried Googling it?
    Yep, first time I've heard it mentioned!
    Hey there I've taken a pics check it out,
    Not sure if this is katam the yemeni style henna but I don't think it is

https://ibb.co/3YFrsyb

https://ibb.co/0KcfNkj