Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Camila clips?

Length
    27.5"/35"/36"
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Default Re: Camila clips?

Quote Originally Posted by shterntikhl View Post
    I stopped buying plastic claw clips a few years ago. After investing a small amount of money in some metal claw clips from Kitsch and maybe another brand, I don't have to keep replacing broken plastic ones. The metal ones are also much better for transporting in a purse or suitcase. They also don't have seams.
    🤩 that sounds really cool! What type of coating do they put on the metal? Is it like ceramic coated? And then of course the follow up question to that is how smooth is it? Kitsch is the brand? I will definitely look into these Iím just curious from your experience about these questions.
    I am Christian. This said, if you post to me in an effort to make a micro-aggression against my faith, values, freedoms, or against my religion; refrain. I do not tell others what to do and expect the same respect in return both on LHC and IRL. Thank you.

Length
    17/32/TBL
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I have several Camila clips, some are over 5 years old. I used one of them nearly everyday for a year to hold a cinnabun and it's still going strong. Now that my hair is long enough for a LWB and forks I don't use them very often anymore. I've only purchased one Ficcare (used on eBay) but it was too large to hold my hair so I gave it to my DIL. As long as something holds and doesn't pull my hair out when I remove it I'm generally happy with it.
    CBL/APL/BSL​/MBL/Waist/Hip/TBL
    No trim challenge second half of 2021

Length
    pixie/KL/max
    Type
    1a/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by sapphire-o View Post
    Oh Camila Paris! Yes I like them. I bought some from Hair Boutique a long time ago. The material is sturdy and none of mine have broken. Although I would say when it comes to the strength of the hinges Ficcare is still the best. Mostly because they're metal and can withstand the pressure. Some plastic clips have really strong springs that would crack the claws if you closed it too quickly.
    I have several Camilas, and twice I've had one snap out of my hands and fall to the tile floor. Neither broke. In my experience regardless of how a plastic clip falls, it will always break, at least on my floor. Plastic seems to be more brittle than acetate.