Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What was your "Aha! That's my goal length!" milestone?

Default Re: What was your Aha! That's my goal Length, milestone?

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Hold up, that is so weird. I seem to have seen that image before somewhere. I'm sure it's the way the drawing is drawn; that might be it.
    Interesting! PJ Lynch is a pet fave watercolourist of mine. the story "Melisande" was published by Nesbit in 1901 but Lynch took it and republished it with these luscious illustrations. He's done it for a number of other stories as well. E Nesbit is also a favourite writer in our house. It's like a Rapunzel/Sleeping Beauty fairytale satire with logic. It's my purely personal opinion this book should be required reading for long hair enthusiasts...

Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

I mean, I suffer from LHC-itis so if I can grow past floor, well... but I felt less obsessive about attaining length once I got to classic+ even though I want as long as it'll go. I was just happy my genetics allowed for my ideal minimum length. It's like my brain calmed down and said, even if it never grows longer than this, you’ll still be happy with your hair. I do have a wig that's a little bit past knee and whenever I wear it, it just feels so nice swishing around my legs, so I'd love to surpass knee, but that's a long ways off right now.. I definitely want to get past fingertips (soon....) but it's so slow going. I enjoy being able to fiddle with the ends when it's down without having to reach up, so I agree that ftl/mtl is one of the "good" spots. I think stories of Lady Godiva may have influenced me, perhaps!

I put on a wig a few months ago and I loved how I looked with it. It was between waist and hip. I hope I can get there.

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

I think solid classic must be the closest thing to an "aha!" goal length I've had thus far. Prior to becoming hair-conscious, I'd already had my hair at hip or longer for like half a decade, so classic was a good bit longer than that and felt like a good length to reach for. Something new but not that different.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

Length
    BSL/clas/?
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

FTL is the magical length for me. I was so happy when I reached that. Now, at knee, am thinking about cutting back.

Length
    CBL/TBL/-
    Type
    1c/M/ii

All my "ahas" have been ruined by LHCitis. Way back in the day I thought it was tailbone, but I generally seem happier with my hair as it gets longer so I'm riding it out. I guess when I finally reached fingertip length I realized that I was ogling pictures of knee length, so why not try?
    Caution: LHC-itis may become terminal.
    https://zestylonghair.wordpress.com

Length
    APL/Hip/FTL

Default Re: What was your "Aha! That's my goal length!" milestone?

I always have thought that hair down to the butt is such an amazing length so I’m not sure if that’s TBL or Classic. Classic seems to be the one that sticks out. If I was a nude model, that’s the length hair I’d want. Even without being a nude model.

But since LHCitis has struck, MTL or FTL is my longer term goal, if it doesn’t get too annoying.

Length
    27.5"/41"/41"
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/iii

Not sure I had an a-ha moment... I just like the way lengths classic and longer look. After seeing lots of pics of different lengths and seeing my own pictures and how my body is proportioned, I just think that knee would look great.
    I woke up like this (brushing the top of my calves somehow??)

some out of the way corner of the universe
    Type
    1c/M/ii

I suppose it's waist for me. I've never had longer than APL hair so waist seems super long. Let's see how I feel when I reach it within the next two years. I also like to have as thick a hemline as possible and I'm ready to sacrifice a little bit of length to achieve it.
    Last edited by tekla; May 21st, 2021 at 04:14 AM.
    CL//SL//APL//MBL//WL

Length
    12/30"/38 "
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Zesty View Post
    All my "ahas" have been ruined by LHCitis. Way back in the day I thought it was tailbone, but I generally seem happier with my hair as it gets longer so I'm riding it out. I guess when I finally reached fingertip length I realized that I was ogling pictures of knee length, so why not try?
    This, lol. I thought waist was long, but now...