Thread: Back again

Default Back again

Thought I'd make a new post because I'm sort of new again to following LHC and thinking about growth goals again.

I've been reading LHC since 2015 and participated a lot in 2016-2018ish while I worked on my first major damage grow-out. I successfully reached my major goal of BSL almost entirely virgin hair and then got blonde highlights (the stylist had fun on fresh hair!). I enjoyed the look but then realized after such hard work growing out a ton of old dye damage from college, I like having totally natural color! So I chopped to CBL and rebooted my grow-out. I'm hoping to get to waist next year for the first time in my life.

I had a baby and covid happened, so that kept me pretty well mentally occupied and I didn't really notice the jump from CBL to where I am now, APL again. I recently went through tons of photos and pulled a bunch that highlighted the changes in my hair and holy cow, the past five years have seen an incredible visible difference in my hair health. I might post a side-by-side image sometime.

Oh, I also got a little hairstyle stir crazy and did a small side cut last December! I forget it's there because it's growing out and mostly stays covered up by the rest of my hair. But it's been a fun real-time gauge to see how it grows.

I've currently on a goal of not getting any trims this year or next (Jan 2021 through Dec 2022). That should help kick me pretty quickly to the waist goal, but I'm not sure how the ends will fare. It's been a year already since I had a formal haircut though and they're looking really healthy!

Length
    Shoul/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Re: Back again

Welcome back!! I spent a lot of time reading these forums several years ago too, then had a baby followed by many years of short hair cuts. I'm sure you know how that goes! I even got wild and bleached and dyed it all blue while it was short, but I've finally grown out and chopped off all my...experiments...lol. Time to buckle down and start being gentle so my ends will survive a long grow out.

That side cut sounds like an excellent way to monitor growth, too! Who knew they were so handy, haha. I hope to join you at APL eventually, I'm still on my way to shoulder though.

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Welcome back!

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

Welcome back!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Hi! Welcome back!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Welcome back!
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Welcome back!
    (Chin length) (Shoulder Length) (Bra Strap Length) (Mid Back Length) (Waist Length) (Hip Length) (Tail Bone Length) (Classic Length) (Mid Thigh Length) (Knee Length) (Calf Length) (Ankle Length) (Floor Length)