Thread: Newish (lurked for a long time, but back now)

Length
    Shoul/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Question Newish (lurked for a long time, but back now)

Years ago, at my longest, I spent loads of time lurking through these forums. I was hennaed and at about BSL/MBL. Then I got pregnant and chopped it all off. Been living between chin and collarbone for a while, even got wild and bleached it so I could dye it blue/teal. Loved it but it was so much work to maintain. All my bleach/dye has officially been chopped off and I'm back to short (but virgin) hair. Deciding to recommit to growing and being gentle with it again. I think I'm somewhere between 1c/2a and m/ii and right at collarbone at the moment.

Still trying to work out what my routine is/should be. I lived on 'cones while it was dyed because it was basically the only thing holding those strands together. My biggest issue is that after a pregnancy, getting off birth control, and then my adventures with bleach and dye, my scalp is a completely different animal. Itchy, acne, quick to get greasy, etc. I have been alternating between an antidandruff shampoo and an occasional clarifier (and very infrequently some stronger anti-acne stuff) to try to get my scalp under control. I got some silicone/paraben-free conditioner (garnier fruit treat) and have been trying to CWC to see if I can protect my ends while I get my scalp feeling better. My hair feels mostly healthy, but I want to keep those ends strong now so they can keep going. Any advice to help with itchiness and scalp breakouts that won't also tear up my hair? Would ACV rinses help? All the scalp care advice I've read seems completely contradictory to all the long hair care advice!

Pictures of my journey below in roughly chronological order (ignore my face, I can't take a normal photo!).

Length
    Shoul/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Re: Newish (lurked for a long time, but back now)

also no idea how to edit my profile info, but about the only accurate thing is my age now! lol

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Welcome back. If you hadn't already read it, there's the sticky in the newbie section, that will explain things, I'm sure!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    Shoul/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Thanks! I've been reading through all the introduction threads and newbie stuff. Hoping I can keep myself motivated while I wait for my hair to grow.

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Welcome back!

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

Welcome back!

Length
    3 inc/62 “/74”
    Type
    2a/2b/C/ii/iii

These pictures are so cute. I don't have much answer for your question but I liked your pictures

My hair is always in need of the 'cones so I just live/exist in that zone. The ACV treatment sounds like a healing proposition. Perhaps try putting on light oil before wash instead of condition? Just a thought.
    Last edited by zashin66; May 7th, 2021 at 08:02 PM.
    Lady Shannon
    Dragon Longhaired Knights
    Cairehre Mountains