Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: L'oréal: Elseve / Elvital / Elvive Products

Length
    CBL/HL/HL
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Lightbulb L'oréal: Elseve / Elvital / Elvive Products

I noticed there's a thread for Pantene, Herbal Essences, Garnier... But I can't find one for L'oréal drugstore products so I thought it would be nice to have one where we can post about it and share new releases, write thoughts / reviews / ask for recommendations / etc.

It's called differently around the world, like Elseve / Elvive / Elvital.

Mods, if there's already such a thread I apologize!
    Collarbone (12.08.21) | Armpit (16.10.21) | Midback (14.10.22) | Waist (06.02.23) | Hip (23.03.24) | Belly Button

Length
    CBL/HL/HL
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Default Re: L'oréal: Elseve / Elvital / Elvive Products

I have tried quite a few products, and although I didn't *love* most of them, it's still my favorite drugstore brand.

In Brazil they have this line called Hydra Detox for oily scalp and dry lengths that is amazing. Transparent, really good at cleansing, but not drying at all. I'd buy it again if I had access to it here in Europe. I did not like the shampoos from the Extraordinary Oil and Total Repair 5 lines. I even got scabs on my scalp from those, yikes.

Conditioner-wise, I didn't like the ones from those two lines either or the masks. The Dream Lengths one is the best so far, amazing at detangling, literally mels the hair and has amazing slip and is extremely softening. Doesn't make my hair very shiny though, and it's heavy. Not sure if that's as good as it gets.

The Extraordinary Oil is nice enough. I don't like the coconut one, the smell is too plastic-y and it leaves too much of a residue, so I use it for pre-shampoo. But the original one is pretty decent and the best one in the drugstore imo.
    Collarbone (12.08.21) | Armpit (16.10.21) | Midback (14.10.22) | Waist (06.02.23) | Hip (23.03.24) | Belly Button

Length
    CBL/HL/HL
    Type
    2b/M/iii

I want to buy the Purple shampoo and mask for my mom next time. Has anyone tried those?

Account Closed by Member Request

OMG, I was just wondering if there was a general L'Oréal thread! I'm currently using the Elvive Clay conditioner and it's so good. My ends are amazingly soft and the scent is okay too. I'm kind of dying to try the shampoo but not sure if it would work for my currently irritated scalp.

I used to have the Coconut hair oil and the scent is a lot. I'd love to try that conditioner but my skin doesn't do very well with coconut oil.

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I'm using the Elvive Dream Lengths shampoo and conditioner right now. I'm satisfied but not overly impressed. I'm also using the Elvive Total Repair deep conditioner. My hair always feels good afterwards.

However, my hair has been snarling a lot lately. It's a chore to comb out.

Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Hedwig View Post
    OMG, I was just wondering if there was a general L'Oréal thread! I'm currently using the Elvive Clay conditioner and it's so good. My ends are amazingly soft and the scent is okay too. I'm kind of dying to try the shampoo but not sure if it would work for my currently irritated scalp.

I used to have the Coconut hair oil and the scent is a lot. I'd love to try that conditioner but my skin doesn't do very well with coconut oil.
    I'm using the Elvive clay shampoo - my scalp seems to like it just fine. I can go 3 days without washing (usually 1.5-2) and don't see any build up or anything on my scalp but YMMV. I want to try the conditioner once I've used up my current collection!

I also have the dream lengths conditioner but eh it's nothing special to me.

Account Closed by Member Request

Quote Originally Posted by Neorago View Post
    I'm using the Elvive clay shampoo - my scalp seems to like it just fine. I can go 3 days without washing (usually 1.5-2) and don't see any build up or anything on my scalp but YMMV. I want to try the conditioner once I've used up my current collection!

I also have the dream lengths conditioner but eh it's nothing special to me.
    Eek, now I just want to try it even more! But I'll try to wait until it goes on sale somewhere at least.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by pisinoe View Post
    I noticed there's a thread for Pantene, Herbal Essences, Garnier... But I can't find one for L'oréal drugstore products so I thought it would be nice to have one where we can post about it and share new releases, write thoughts / reviews / ask for recommendations / etc.

It's called differently around the world, like Elseve / Elvive / Elvital.

Mods, if there's already such a thread I apologize!
    I searched titles only and there's plenty of separate L'Oréal products threads, but no one gathering place, at least, I tried to help by searching what I could on my end, to help you out.

So: awesome!

In Belgium the line is called "Elsève", and I think they are a great line. For conditioners, especially the 3 miracle one, I would rank Pantene first, and them a close second, especially where the masks are concerned. Yeah they both good, though.

And the shampoos are nice!

Prefer this a tad over Dove, but it's, IMO, one of the best lines in the drugstore (all round, I mean).

Last week my Aldi had 2nd one half off, making them 2.36 a pop, which is a very nice price; my mom got the color shampoo, and I the total repair conditioner.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    Neck/APL/Hip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I don't care for their shampoos too much, but i do like their conditioners, mask and leave ins.
    Dream lenghts leave in is really nice.

I tried many products from Elseve, but what I like the most from this brand is the Clay shampoo (I can extend washes a bit with this one and it doesn't dry my hair) and the Dream Lenghts conditioner and hair mask (work so fast and detangle very well). The rest of the products are good too, but I found Garnier more hydrating at an even lower price so I stick to this other brand for the rest of my products.