Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: L'oréal: Elseve / Elvital / Elvive Products

Length
    Shave/36 in/?
    Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Default Re: L'oréal: Elseve / Elvital / Elvive Products

I've gone back and tried the dream lengths again, my hair feels less tangled than when I used sulfate free

Length
    Pit/Pit/BSL
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii/iii

I use the 8 Second Wonder Water. My hair is bleached out to a level 10 from a medium-brown. I don't have to use conditioner since picking this up.

Length
    SL/BCL/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Hedwig View Post
    I‘m still confused about the Clay shampoo - it seems to be too nourishing for my hair? Which is odd considering it’s targeted towards oily hair (mine definitely is). It kind of leaves a build-up film on my hair and makes it super soft, silly, smooth but only for 20 hours, then it’s suddenly greasy as can be. Recently I tried letting the shampoo sink in on my scalp for a little bit - maybe a minute or less - before washing it out and that did help against the build-up feeling but my hair was soo insanely frizzy and dry afterwards. The conditioner is amazing though, I‘m loving it!
    I'm noticing similar things with the clay shampoo. I may continue using it though because I don't get a painful scalp after extending washes with this one and I have really not had time to wash my hair properly lately.

SL ~ APL ~ BSL ~ WL ~ HL~ BCL ~ TBL ~ CL ~ FTL

Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

I concur on the clay shampoo. I was really loving it, to begin with I could go 72 hours without washing but now after about 36 hours the scalp starts to feel a bit waxy? Not sure if it's the shampoo. I do clarify every few weeks already. Bummer. My hair used to do well with Alberto Balsam's Juicy Green Apple shampoo so I may pick some up and alternate. I was going to try out the clay conditioner when my other conditioners are used up but now I'm not so sure.

I used their Total Repair conditioner for the first time today and am really happy with it so far. A little bit goes a long way and it’s really good at detangling! My ends feel soft but not too soft either. And the scent is nice but nothing special.

I tried the Dream Lengths S&C -- they ended up feeling strangely heavy on my hair, but go figure, I love the No Haircut Cream leave-in. I apply it on the ends and about halfway up, bun my hair for the night, and it comes out amazingly soft and feeling just inexplicably awesome the next day. Weird, because if the things I wash out felt heavy, you'd think the leave-in would be worse, but it's a holy grail product for me now.

It could be in my head but I also have gone an unusually long time with few to no split ends since using it every 2-3 nights...even if it's not actually doing anything to the health of my ends, it FEELS great so I'm going to keep using it

Length
    APL/40/48
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

I also tried the Dreamlength shampoo because I got fed up with the tangling going on close to the scalp. I have been using conitioner with silicones for a while and I never have trouble detangling my lengths, so I decided I'd try a silicone containing shampoo. Afterwards brushing was a huge relief. After rinsing I was able to comb with my fingers from the scalp down without encountering any resistance. I hope this result will be repeatable.

Length
    chin/bcl/cl
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I really like this whole line.

The total repair 5 leave-in is great for protein boosts, the dream lengths shampoo is my current favorite, and I’ve been using the extraordinary oil conditioner most of the time for the last 6-8 months. I bought the smooth intense conditioner this week and used it for the first time tonight - so nice and slippy.

Type
    2c/F/i/ii

These aren’t bad. Good for fine hair, nice perfume-y scent (but not over the top):