Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 61

Thread: L'oréal: Elseve / Elvital / Elvive Products

  1. #21
    LHC FairyGodMum lapushka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    61,348
    Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

    Default Re: L'oréal: Elseve / Elvital / Elvive Products

    Quote Originally Posted by Hedwig View Post
    I picked up a bottle of the Clay shampoo over the few days the forum was down and have used it twice since. It didn’t really impress me the first time (hair still got greasy) but I think maybe it just needs time. Good news is that it didn’t irritate my scalp at all. Combined with the matching conditioner my hair got so soft! And it smells kind of like old school Pantene shampoo.
    I think in comparison I liked the clay one by "the blends" line by Garnier a tad better, which is why I never picked up a second bottle of the Elsève one (and wow the price on that compared to Garnier). But they kind of performed virtually the same for me. It's a preference thing. I don't even know how that works sometimes. LOL!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

  2. #22
    Member renia22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    In a van, down by the river
    Posts
    2,364
    Type
    2c/F/i/ii

    Default Re: L'oréal: Elseve / Elvital / Elvive Products

    I really liked the glossing shampoo, conditioner and serum in the pink bottles, that were available a few years ago, but have since been discontinued.

    The purple shampoo I have now, and it’s one of the better purple shampoos that I have tried. It’s silky and spreadable, doesn’t make a huge mess, doesn’t leave that awful coated residue feeling in your hair, and has a fresh perfumey-apple scent. Haven’t tried the conditioner because the ingredients look like they would be too heavy on my hair.

    At the moment I also have the Clay Dry Shampoo, which I use to add “grip” when I put my hair up. I picked it up for $1 at the Dollar Tree, so I assume since it’s showing up there, it’s been discontinued? The fresh scent is very nice, and makes me want to try the shampoo & conditioner too at some point (after I use up a few things).

  3. #23
    Member morrigan*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    1,981
    Length
    Neck/APL/Hip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

    Default Re: L'oréal: Elseve / Elvital / Elvive Products

    Quote Originally Posted by renia22 View Post
    I really liked the glossing shampoo, conditioner and serum in the pink bottles, that were available a few years ago, but have since been discontinued.

    The purple shampoo I have now, and it’s one of the better purple shampoos that I have tried. It’s silky and spreadable, doesn’t make a huge mess, doesn’t leave that awful coated residue feeling in your hair, and has a fresh perfumey-apple scent. Haven’t tried the conditioner because the ingredients look like they would be too heavy on my hair.

    At the moment I also have the Clay Dry Shampoo, which I use to add “grip” when I put my hair up. I picked it up for $1 at the Dollar Tree, so I assume since it’s showing up there, it’s been discontinued? The fresh scent is very nice, and makes me want to try the shampoo & conditioner too at some point (after I use up a few things).
    Those light pink bottles were amazing. I loved the light version with a little green label.

    Avatar from Eveline Tarunadjaja

  4. #24
    Member renia22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    In a van, down by the river
    Posts
    2,364
    Type
    2c/F/i/ii

    Default Re: L'oréal: Elseve / Elvital / Elvive Products

    Quote Originally Posted by morrigan* View Post
    Those light pink bottles were amazing. I loved the light version with a little green label.
    They were! Out of all the things to discontinue, why those? I can’t imagine the sales could have been that bad?

  5. #25
    Member pisinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Lux/Belgium
    Age
    24
    Posts
    864
    Length
    CBL/CBL/HL
    Type
    2b/M/iii

    Default Re: L'oréal: Elseve / Elvital / Elvive Products

    This line?



    It seems to still be available in some parts of Europe. Just saw it today

  6. #26
    LHC FairyGodMum lapushka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    61,348
    Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

    Default Re: L'oréal: Elseve / Elvital / Elvive Products

    Quote Originally Posted by pisinoe View Post
    This line?



    It seems to still be available in some parts of Europe. Just saw it today
    It's been a while since I saw that here though. The color one (red bottle) and total repair (white bottle): totally around. But the pink one is hard to find, for some reason.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

  7. #27
    Member pisinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Lux/Belgium
    Age
    24
    Posts
    864
    Length
    CBL/CBL/HL
    Type
    2b/M/iii

    Default Re: L'oréal: Elseve / Elvital / Elvive Products

    Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    It's been a while since I saw that here though. The color one (red bottle) and total repair (white bottle): totally around. But the pink one is hard to find, for some reason.
    Maybe they sent all the Belgian batches to Luxembourg

  8. #28
    LHC FairyGodMum lapushka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    61,348
    Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

    Default Re: L'oréal: Elseve / Elvital / Elvive Products

    Quote Originally Posted by pisinoe View Post
    Maybe they sent all the Belgian batches to Luxembourg
    Imagine all that. Hey, now that I think of this... going to check Kruidvat real quick!

    Yep, the shampoo:
    https://www.kruidvat.be/nl/l-oreal-p...ampoo/p/740720
    And the conditioner:
    https://www.kruidvat.be/nl/l-oreal-e...eling/p/740713

    They even have (only) the shampoo in 400ml:
    https://www.kruidvat.be/nl/l-oreal-p...mpoo/p/2927863

    Must be the shops I shop at.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

  9. #29
    Member pisinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Lux/Belgium
    Age
    24
    Posts
    864
    Length
    CBL/CBL/HL
    Type
    2b/M/iii

    Default Re: L'oréal: Elseve / Elvital / Elvive Products

    Interesting! The picture I took was at Aldi!
    Collarbone (12.08.21) | Armpit | Brastrap | Waist | Hip | Tailbone


  10. #30
    Member Neorago's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    Scotland
    Age
    28
    Posts
    132
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

    Default Re: L'oréal: Elseve / Elvital / Elvive Products

    I have the shampoo pisinoe posted. I only bought a few months ago at a store here in the UK so it's definitely still here, although here it's called "Elvive Nutri-Gloss Shine Shampoo with Pearl Powder". It looks like it has different packaging and branding everywhere but it's the same pink "shine shampoo cashmere touch for dull hair". I have to admit I hate the shampoo. My hair gets greasy after 1 day with it. Well, duh, I realise that now, having fine oily hair I shouldn't be using anything that says "shine" on the package!! Wish I could send it to someone that needs it but it's already like half empty. I've been using it to clean stuff instead. I'm still loving the clay shampoo for my hair though, 3 days without washing with it and my hair is not dry at all. Really want to use the matching conditioner but I have like 5 other conditioners to use up boo!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •