Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: L'oréal: Elseve / Elvital / Elvive Products

Length
    APL/WST/CLSC
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: L'oréal: Elseve / Elvital / Elvive Products

Quote Originally Posted by illicitlizard View Post

ExpectoPatronum I didn't even realise there were sub-lines! I don't think I've seen any dream lengths curl in store around here. I love trying new products to see if there's anything "more perfect" out there, my partner used to say I was crazy - if it works why not stick to it? Because change is fun!!
    Elvive has a whole mess of different things to try - but not too many where it's impossible to try them all

I'm the same way. You can find a product you love but there's always a thought in the back of your mind that says 'but what if this other new thing is better' I've been better about it lately.

Starting from scratch
    7/4/2019
    Curly: SHDR.APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Stretched: APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Lady Andromeda, Keeper of Feathered Fauna, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Waist/BCL/FT
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    I'll go check my ingredients' list. Hang on! Sodium laureth sulfate, right before the hyaluronic acid, middle of the list. I doubt, read somewhere that so far down it does not have the function of cleansing the hair but is rather for the other ingredients to penetrate. Now, I could be (so) wrong, but I think that was what I read, pretty much, maybe it was a different sulfate, IDK. I am a total ingredient noob, just like the rest of most of you.
    Oh well, as long as hair looks and feels good, I'll use it.... Perhaps it will even have a slight cleansing effect, if anything, and I don't mind that between my full shampoo washes You might be an ingredient noob, but you must be doing something right judging by that impressive mane of yours.

Oh, and in line with this thread... I'm loving the no-haircut cream as well.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by SeppV View Post
    Oh well, as long as hair looks and feels good, I'll use it.... Perhaps it will even have a slight cleansing effect, if anything, and I don't mind that between my full shampoo washes You might be an ingredient noob, but you must be doing something right judging by that impressive mane of yours.

Oh, and in line with this thread... I'm loving the no-haircut cream as well.
    That is such a nice complement, thank you. I used to look at silicones (no-no then) and such and really studied the list for any sign of them, so that I could avoid them, but these days, I use... whatever, and it seems to be working. It's better to just buy a product or a brand you like and use it, you'll be happy, and I'm willing to bet that shows in how you take care of your hair!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    APL/WST/CLSC
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

I bought the regular Dream Lengths shampoo and conditioner today - not the curls variety. I can already say I love the scent. I've actually liked the scent on all the Elvive things I've tried.

Starting from scratch
    7/4/2019
    Lady Andromeda, Keeper of Feathered Fauna, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    APL/WST/CLSC
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

I just wanted to post here and share that I am having really good results with the No Haircut Cream. My hair tangles are significantly reduced when I use it. So far I’ve only used it on straightened hair but I’m trying it out curly today and I like it for this too. I love finding products that actually make a difference.

Starting from scratch
    7/4/2019

Gimmee all the goats!!! GoatLady's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/31"/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ExpectoPatronum View Post
    I just wanted to post here and share that I am having really good results with the No Haircut Cream. My hair tangles are significantly reduced when I use it. So far I’ve only used it on straightened hair but I’m trying it out curly today and I like it for this too. I love finding products that actually make a difference.
    Good to hear. I just bought that product. I'm needing a good leave-in conditioner for my wavy, coarse, crazy hair.

Hurray! I've reached waist-land! Last trim 1-2-23.
    Lady Roxanne,Keeper of the Caprines 🐐in the order of the Long Haired Knights.

Length
    APL/WST/CLSC
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by GoatLady View Post
    Good to hear. I just bought that product. I'm needing a good leave-in conditioner for my wavy, coarse, crazy hair.
    I hope it works for you!

Starting from scratch
    7/4/2019

Length
    15/26/40
    Type
    1a/F/ii

I love the Elseve Total Repair 5 and the Extraordinary Curls, but i didn't use since I straightened my hair in 2016. I buyed a bottle of Exraordinary Oil and it's feel a little greasy.

Type
    2c/F/i/ii

The matching shampoo doesn’t work for me, but this is my second time buying the Everpure Volume conditioner. It has a rosemary mint scent, and I bought it to go with my Paul Mitchell shampoo 3, which sort of smells like Doublemint gum:

Length
    APL/MBL/TBL
    Type
    1c/F/i/ii

Recently I bought Elvital Fibralogy Thickening shampoo and it's fine, but I wonder if the thickening agents coating the hair are good after all.

I have enjoyed other products in the Elvital family, they're surprisingly good for supermarket stuff.