Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: L'oréal: Elseve / Elvital / Elvive Products

Length
    chin/bcl/tbl
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: L'oréal: Elseve / Elvital / Elvive Products

Quote Originally Posted by Bri-Chan View Post
    My opinion is always that if it works for it, keep using it.

Just bought the Dream Length shampoo. I haven't used an Elvive shampoo in ages. Do you guys like it? I've read that someone experienced hair that gets oily faster. But it also seems good for tangle prone hair like mine.
    I like the Dream Lengths shampoo and didn’t feel like it made my hair oily more quickly … though I guess the real question is more quickly than what? If I was using a super harsh clarifying shampoo as my baseline then maybe?

Regardless, I happily used it pretty much exclusively for over a year.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Joules View Post
    Same. My hair looked fried and damaged, despite (literally) almost a decade of great care. But hey, I didn't use any "forbidden" stuff, so it must have been just bad genetics, right? (sarcasm)
    LOL; thanks for the laughter today, Joules. Oh gosh. I think ingredients are more than just that. You have to be able to look at the total formula, to judge something, and that is something a mere layperson can never do. And I honestly believe it's the total formula that counts, not one single "bad thing" that you single out. I mean, good luck finding a product that lives up to one's standards. Just sayin'.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    APL/WST/CLSC
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

I echo all your statements - lapushka, Joules. I avoided silicones because they're bad for curly hair, and to an extent, that is true for my hair as it doesn't curl as much when I use them. But, now that I'm not focused on making my hair look curly, it's more important that my ends are soft and they just aren't without silicones.

I washed today since I went swimming earlier this afternoon, again sooner than usual. I'm still liking how my hair looks and feels when it dries. It looks a lot more neat and tidy, which is the look I'm going for nowadays.

Starting from scratch
    7/4/2019
    Curly: SHDR.APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Stretched: APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    What works for my hair

Length
    CBL/WL/HL
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Bought the new Elvive curls mask that was almost 700ml for my mom and she liked it a lot! Her hair was blonde for years and she dyes it burgundy now and it's naturally very dry, she was very happy with how buttery it is and how much it helped detangle her hair.
    Collarbone (12.08.21) | Armpit (16.10.21) | Midback (04.03.22) | Waist (28.06.22) | Hip

Length
    APL/WST/CLSC
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

I'm still liking the Extraordinary Oil shampoo and conditioner. I actually want to try Elvive Dream Lengths Curls next, but I would buy the EO set again!

Starting from scratch
    7/4/2019
    What works for my hair

Length
    Chin/Waist/Hip
    Type
    1b/F/ii

So I am currently using the L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Clay Rebalancing shampoo and it smells divine. However, if you have low porosity hair like mine, it is NOT good for removing buildup despite all the sulfates.
    🥥Hair Instagram🌴🔆🌙 My Tolkien Stories 🌙
    https://64.media.tumblr.com/3ef713574ef75435ca4ed5ddc2ed746f/c54a492f2525fb6a-50/s2048x3072/54bdba195034359684c137ec9d60542de0d19e66.jpg

In my restless dreams, I see that town...
    Length
    12/32ish/Thigh
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

On a whim I purchased the Elvive Dream Lengths shampoo, conditioner, and lamellar (sp?) water. My process has been to use the shampoo, then the lamellar water, and then a bit of conditioner at the end because my hair was noticeably drier without it. Right now I'm pretty happy with it. The lamellar water is pretty interesting with the way it heats up on your hair, but then it drips in my ear and feels weird.

I'm not anti cones since my hair doesn't really have texture, so I'm really happy with the way my hair lays flat. I've been spending a lot of money on Innate Life products, but this is a much cheaper fallback that seems to be working well for me.
    Hovering at waist indefinitely

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I can't do sets for the life of me. My lengths are dry and need stuff for dry/damaged hair, they are that "thirsty", but my scalp? If I were to use say something like Extraordinary oil on my scalp? Oh my gosh. But the green, pastel, clay shampoo is super nice for my scalp & so I mix & match, all of the freakin' time. LOL!

But these products are amazing!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    Waist/TB/FT
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Death-Within-Me View Post
    So I am currently using the L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Clay Rebalancing shampoo and it smells divine. However, if you have low porosity hair like mine, it is NOT good for removing buildup despite all the sulfates.
    It didn't remove build up for me either. Remember trying once when I had build up from hard well-water... but that stuff was pretty stubborn, so I had to use powerful stuff to get rid of it :-)

I have enjoyed the Dream lenghts no haircut cream! So happy to have silicones in my hair again after years of shunning them. I had such a bad experience with build up after coloring my hair once. Never had issues with build up before that. Anyway, it made me scared of silicones, but now I know they can be used. Just got to make sure to wash them away every once in a while! Loving the slip they give! Perhaps I will give some other Loreal products a go as well once I run out of my huge conditioner stash....

Length
    APL/WST/CLSC
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    I can't do sets for the life of me. My lengths are dry and need stuff for dry/damaged hair, they are that "thirsty", but my scalp? If I were to use say something like Extraordinary oil on my scalp? Oh my gosh. But the green, pastel, clay shampoo is super nice for my scalp & so I mix & match, all of the freakin' time. LOL!

But these products are amazing!
    There's nothing wrong with mixing and matching - I don't think they'd be sold separately if you couldn't. I used to do the same thing! But my scalp has changed over the years and seems to be doing better than it was before the Extraordinary Oil shampoo. Now I'm wondering if I just had a dry scalp this whole time

Starting from scratch
    7/4/2019
    What works for my hair