Thread: Hello! Critique my hair routine!

Length
    15/18/22+
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

Red face Hello! Critique my hair routine!

Hi everyone,

I joined a long time ago and am now back on this wonderful forum! I’ve put details about my hair and routine in my profile (hopefully they are visible, if not I will put them in a post) - does my routine look ok to you?

I have been diagnosed recently with rosacea and ocular rosacea, so have to be very careful about using products containing fragrances, silicones and harsh ingredients.

Thanks very much!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Hello! Critique my hair routine!

Hey, welcome (back). I don't see anything "wrong" with it, no, but you do you. Take 10 people on this site and their routines are totally different! And that's *fine*; not everyone has the same hair or scalp to work with.

If it works, then why bother changing it up, right? It is working for you, though, right?
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    15/18/22+
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Hey, welcome (back). I don't see anything "wrong" with it, no, but you do you. Take 10 people on this site and their routines are totally different! And that's *fine*; not everyone has the same hair or scalp to work with.

If it works, then why bother changing it up, right? It is working for you, though, right?
    Thank you, lapushka! That is reassuring. Yes, I think it is working for me - I’m hoping to get to the ‘benign neglect’ stage soon, where I can wait for the sides to catch up with the back, while occasionally micro trimming the back. Very happy to be on this forum to keep myself motivated too!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by darkchestnut View Post
    Thank you, lapushka! That is reassuring. Yes, I think it is working for me - I’m hoping to get to the ‘benign neglect’ stage soon, where I can wait for the sides to catch up with the back, while occasionally micro trimming the back. Very happy to be on this forum to keep myself motivated too!
    Awesome!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

Hi welcome!

Learn more. Know less. foreveryours's Avatar
    Length
    ./72"/KNEE+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by darkchestnut View Post
    Hi everyone,

I joined a long time ago and am now back on this wonderful forum! I’ve put details about my hair and routine in my profile (hopefully they are visible, if not I will put them in a post) - does my routine look ok to you?

I have been diagnosed recently with rosacea and ocular rosacea, so have to be very careful about using products containing fragrances, silicones and harsh ingredients.

Thanks very much!
    Quote Originally Posted by darkchestnut's Haircare Routine:
    *Wash hair every other day - currently experimenting with rotating fragrance free shampoo/medicated shampoo/soap bar +lemon juice rinse
    *Condition lengths
    *Pre-oil once a week
    *Shea butter on ends
    *Use leave-in occasionally
    *Turbie towel and air dry
    *Wood comb and soft BBB
    *Micro trims
    *Ponios, claw clips, braids
    Hi, I'm far from expert and many here know hair far better than I (what I have learned has been by trial and mostly error) but straight lemon juice is pretty acidic (pH 2). Try it, but if it were me, I'd maybe dilute and neutralize to >4 with some baking soda before using.
    scalp > SL > MBL > TBL > FTL > KNEE > KNEE+