Thread: Hello from Europe!

Default Hello from Europe!

Hello everyone!

I've been lurking this forum for quite few years now and after my recent haircut disaster, I've decided to join! Right now my hair is sitting between BSL and MBL. My 1st goal lenght is waist and then hip, i have a little frizzy, lightly wavy hair but I don't aim to define my waves, I usually just blow dry my hair and they become straight-ish with bouncy ends. Every 6 months I add blonde highlights to add dimension to my light brown hair.

My hair has been growing really fast this spring and so I decided to get a fresh trim and shorter layers around my face for summer (One of those trendy long curtain bangs style layers in the front). Went to a hairdresser that cut my hair really nice the last time I visited him so I thought "What could go wrong!" I ended up with choppy layers all around my head; basically each strand is also a different lenght so it created "holes" effect. Also the difference now between my longest layer (bottom) and the shortest is around 8 inches! My bottom layer now looks a bit like a rat tail or a mullet. I am definitely not going back there, especially that I precisely said I only want shorter layers around my face. I had my portion of ugly-crying, won't lie. Not sure what to do now. If I was to chop my hair to get somehow close to the shortest layer, I would basically have to go from BSL\MBL (I am in between) all the way back to APL. I did figure out that my hair looks somehow nice in a half up half down hairstyles so I might go Ariana Grande style and wear the same hair-do for the next 3 years.

I hope that joining the forum will add me some strenght and motivation in growing out my short layers and still manage to achieve my lenght goal.

Default Re: Hello from Europe!

Welcome to the forums!

Wow, I'm so sorry that happened to you, it's so bad when you go somewhere you trust and they do something you didn't ask for with your hair

I think they maybe did a layered V cut? Those are sort of trendy right now and maybe they thought that's what you wanted without asking you first. What you could do is go for small trims every few months that only trimmed the tail until the rest had kind of catch up. That way you could still grow your hair while you fix the bad haircut.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Oh yeah, had my hair "cut up" like that right before graduation; I sympathize, I really do.

I am way past graduation at age 48, going on 49.

Welcome!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Oof. Sorry to hear about the traumatic haircut, but it's nice to have you on the forum!

Length
    24/32.25/Dunno
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Hi Bellatou and welcome!

I wanted to make you aware that we have a Random Act of Kindness (RAOK) thread for new members. It's a great way to begin a hairtoy collection when first starting out. If you are interested in checking it out, the offer may be found here.

If you have any questions on joining the RAOK list, please do not hesitate to PM me.
    DweamGoiL

1c - 2a / f - m / ii | current length = 32.25 inches - working for a thick blunt hemline

Length
    21/21/32
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

So sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience at a salon, I definitely relate and sympathise but welcome to the forums! I hope you have a good time and get all of the information you could need, it really is such a wonderful community and I'm glad you're a part of it now too

Why do so many hairdressers get chop happy? So sorry!

Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

Welcome!