Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hairstyles for Lounging Around

Length
    22/31.75/43
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: Hairstyles for Lounging Around

I usually keep to one style throughout the day, which is either up in a bun with a stick or a butterfly claw clip. I started doing this between BSL and MBL to keep my hair out the way and to protect it. For bed, I plait my hair and change its position every night, as not to put stress in one location.

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Calf/Calf+
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

It's rare that I leave home so most days my buns are chosen for comfort - well, even if I do go out I tend to stick with my go-tos, unless it's a special occasion calling for more effort, which for me usually means a different bun - so the vast majority of the time my lounging around style is the same as whatever bun, with a sturdy enough fork to withstand laying down. Once my hair is no longer floofy after washing it tends to just live in the same Nessa bun with the same fork (placed vertically) literally day and night
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    APL/37/48
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

I either wear an english braid or a high cinnamon secured with a short fork.

lady daydream ✧
    Length
    BSL/calf/floor
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

Typically, I do a LWB. Lately, I've been wearing braids in a silk sleep cap. I can keep the style in for several days but not have to bother with it at all. And being home, I don't care how I look.

I only started doing protective styles, in and out of the house, when I was past TBL.

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

My "slobby" style is a single English braid. If I'm just at home, and especially if I'm busy and have no time for hair, that's probably what I'm wearing. It's fast, comfy, and very rarely in the way.

If I've been wearing a higher bun during the day, it can be nice to put in a super-low nape-of-the-neck bun in the evening. It feels like the hair equivalent of taking off your "company clothes" and putting on some old flannel jammies : )

Length
    BSL/BCL/CL+
    Type
    2a/F/ii

If I know I'll wear it down before the next wash, I do a low ponytail with an invisibobble.
    Next Goal: TBL. Final Goal: CL+.
    26/07/2019 last bleach - 11/10/2019 last dye

Length
    ?/WL/FTL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

For me it’s a cinnabun with a satin scrunchie, which is currently my sleep style. Out of the way but comfortable.
    No Water Sebum Only since November 2020. Previously water only. Crossed to the dark side and now rocking sebum only. Feral hair nirvana loading...

Length
    CBL/HL/CL
    Type
    2a/C/iii

I like to wear my hair down around the house, or sometimes in one or two plaits. When it's down, I use a nice big silk scrunchie to put it back in a low ponytail when I'm doing housework or anything that needs my hair out of the way.
    If I sit down and my head is resting against something, I bring the ponytail around to the front and loosen it a bit so I'm not leaning on the scrunchie (or just take it out, as my loose hair at HL isn't long enough to get in the way while doing seated activities).
    Images in old threads not showing up? Try the image fixer browser extension.