Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hairstyles for Lounging Around

Length
    27.5"/41"/41"
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/iii

Default Hairstyles for Lounging Around

I usually leave my hair down in the evenings and sometimes during lazy mornings if my sleep style has fallen out. This hasn’t been an issue thus far, but when my hair is down now it brushes against the surfaces of whatever sink I’m using when washing my hands, which isn’t ideal. So I’m wondering what other folks do with their hair when at home just chilling??

Do you keep the same style you wore all day? Or do you have a style for times when you want something to contain your hair a little but still let your follicles be in a position of no stress? Do you just keep a clip/stick on your person at all times?

Secondary question: how long were you when you needed to do this vs. just leaving it down?
    I woke up like this (brushing the top of my calves somehow??)

Length
    15/40/tbd
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Default Re: Hairstyles for Lounging Around

I usually use a claw clip half-up (or... 2/3 up) during these times of the day. It keeps the mass squarely behind my shoulders and doesn't tend to get into the sink/etc etc.
    Lady Daybreak, keeper of the Stars & Sea ☽︎ artist, lover, general mystic

Length
    pixie/Calf/max
    Type
    1a/F/i

I keep my hair bunned until bedtime and always have, since I don't want hair in my face. I would think claw clipping it out of the way would provide your no-stress solution and should work until you start to sit on it. Or you might loosely French braid it and tie the end off with ribbon. That would be pretty no-stress.

My daily style is a braid or two, because they're comfortable (buns and other "up" styles will eventually give me a headache). Hence, this is also my at-home style.

As soon as my hair was long enough to pull back, it was pulled back most of the time. I hate having it flopping in my way, getting caught in things, etc. It's very rare that I wear my hair loose; I don't want to have to worry about it.
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Length
    15/40/tbd
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Just wanted to add - while I usually keep my hair up however it was during the day til time for bed (it’s usually the morning when I’m claw clipping), I have also been known to switch to Feral’s scrunchie cinnabun since I’m trying to get into the habit of sleeping with it up instead of tossed over my pillow.

The journey continues Eastbound&Down's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/WL/Hip+
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

I gravitate toward cinnabuns for its ease, high up on my crown when it can reach there.

Length
    1"/36"/42"
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii/iii

I find buns very comfortable so I usually wear them when home lounging around. I like to put my bun higher than usual at those times so that it doesn't interfere with putting my head back on my chair. I save wearing the higher buns for when I'm home because high buns expose more frizz.

Length
    APL/Hip/FTL

I usually just keep my hair up in the same LWB from the day. Maybe I’ll take it down or put it in a braid instead.

Length
    APL/WL/HL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

The only thing I do for lounging around is either keeping it down or up in a top knot, very top of my head. I can't do low buns because I sit down a lot and so it would always get in the way

Length
    0.5"/27"/???
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Very high cinnamon bun with claw clips - usually the only thing I can get to hold comfily that doesn't interfere with chair backs

At just past BSL I still leave it down a fair bit, but the need to put it up started a few inches ago, when it started getting caught in things/dropping in my way
    Last trim 20th Jun 2023.
    Buzz-SL[17"]-APL[20"]- BSL[25"]-WL[28"]-HL[31"]-TBL[34"]-CL[38"]
    Buzz 2018- 35"/TBL 2023