Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HI! I'm new and Need Advice!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: HI! I'm new and Need Advice!

Quote Originally Posted by hair.disaster View Post
    The problem was that the back of the hair dryer broke off and 3 chunks of hair got stuck in before I could turn it off. Of course I had to cut off all the burnt lengths too
    It frustrates me as I use it only twice every month when it's cold outside and didn't expect this to happen
    Btw I don't use any heat styling tools or damaging hair products and I'm planning on growing out all natural without cuts for a year
    Ooooh yikes! That is terrible!

I diffuse weekly but my mom always says, if something happens, pull the plug out asap! Because I get the diffuser head so close to my scalp, right, she's a little... worried about that. But a dryer is a good & great tool to have, and you don't need to be afraid of it, generally, if it holds up well that is. What brand was it.

I have used a Braun in the past, and now a Babyliss (w/Italian motor). They're both great. And they have very secure backs (I always pay attention to that).

If you use it cool/warm (not burning), that is an *awesome* tool to have. I guess I am one of those people who does not want wet hair 8+ hours. Well, you know. I towel dry about 30 minutes, then I airdry 2-4H and then all I need is a quick diffuse of about 5 minutes before it's near to fully dry (roots dry, lengths a little damp'ish).
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

I don't have any specific advice beyond what others have already said, but welcome to the forum <3

Curly haircuts often leave that part shorter. You can still grow the rest while the top catches up!

Length
    24/32.25/Dunno
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Hi hair.disaster and welcome!

I wanted to make you aware that we have a Random Act of Kindness (RAOK) thread for new members. It's a great way to begin a hairtoy collection when first starting out. If you are interested in checking it out, the offer may be found here.

If you have any questions on joining the RAOK list, please do not hesitate to PM me.
    DweamGoiL

1c - 2a / f - m / ii | current length = 32.25 inches - working for a thick blunt hemline

Length
    19/19/45
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Idk why I wrote 19 inches when it's 43 cm = 17inches

Length
    Shoul/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I never considered that my hair could get sucked into the back of the hair dryer!! EEK! That is terrifying and I'm so sorry. At least it will grow out eventually but man that sucks.