Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Professional Hair Care Users Thread

Length
    17,5/25,8/?
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Professional Hair Care Users Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    Of course I just HAD to get 3 of the keune masks, NO MORE! I've put enough stuff on klarna to last me a while
    3!!!
    Guess who else is really tempted too. But not now, not yet. Though I haven't that many masks...
    I have heard the mermaids singing... and I do think that they will sing to me...

Don't miss the LHC Book Club!

Length
    SL/HL/CL
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Suortuva View Post
    So interesting. I know for fact that I have quite a high porosity hair, even my virgin hair. (I have same damage left in the ends). I don't see this discussed so often, it seem that only the low porosity people are interested to discuss porosity.
    My hair is also naturally high porosity! Main reason why it can look so dry and frizzy even though I take care of it so much (the treatments donít stick to the hair because the pH is so raised). My favorite acidic treatment is the Joico Cuticle Sealer one though! I can buy 1L for 30Ä and thatís a lot better on my wallet.

Of course I just HAD to get 3 of the keune masks, NO MORE! I've put enough stuff on klarna to last me a while
    Oh my god, Bat!!! What did you get 😂😱

Length
    17,5/25,8/?
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

How often do you use the Joico Cuticle sealer?
    I have heard the mermaids singing... and I do think that they will sing to me...

Length
    12/16.5/50

3!!!
    Guess who else is really tempted too. But not now, not yet. Though I haven't that many masks...
    When I get an addiction I go hard lol

Quote Originally Posted by pisinoe View Post
    My hair is also naturally high porosity! Main reason why it can look so dry and frizzy even though I take care of it so much (the treatments donít stick to the hair because the pH is so raised). My favorite acidic treatment is the Joico Cuticle Sealer one though! I can buy 1L for 30Ä and thatís a lot better on my wallet.

Oh my god, Bat!!! What did you get 😂😱
    Check Discord when you can

Pisinoe made me a capillary schedule that requires me to wash my hair 3 odd times a week so I think it's once every third wash day?

Length
    17,5/25,8/?
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Ah, interesting Bat! I have always felt that this capillary thing just requires too much brain power, ha ha! Have you followed it a long time? What do you think you think about it?

I went and ordered that cuticle sealer, because my hair seriously needs all the help it can get. I have been quite down about it. I finally reached BSL at the beginning of this year and I had plans to reach waist, but no. I just have to trim all the growth, I have so much splits, and once a mont is not even enough, so I should probably just give up and go back to APL. And then I had this new she'd too, and I haven't recovered from the one before either...

Length
    12/16.5/50

Ah, interesting Bat! I have always felt that this capillary thing just requires too much brain power, ha ha! Have you followed it a long time? What do you think you think about it?

I went and ordered that cuticle sealer, because my hair seriously needs all the help it can get. I have been quite down about it. I finally reached BSL at the beginning of this year and I had plans to reach waist, but no. I just have to trim all the growth, I have so much splits, and once a mont is not even enough, so I should probably just give up and go back to APL. And then I had this new she'd too, and I haven't recovered from the one before either...
    Pisinoe did all the brain work I just put the stuff in my hair

And it works amazingly well, I've been trying it over a month now

I hope you like the sealer! And don't give up! You might have to do some search and destroy instead of trimming off the growth but if you think chopping back to apl will get rid of the splits it could be an option to consider

Length
    SL/HL/CL
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Once every two weeks because my hair is much healthier now if it's dried out due to other factors, then once a week, but that's not the case right now. (My hair is not bleached, colored etc.)

Check Discord when you can
    Ok haha

The capillary schedule is actually super easy to do, you just need to choose specific products to rotate and have the right stash! If you are interested, I could also help you building you a routine with what you have and then you can see if it works for you or not.

Do you use leave-in and silicone oils? I only managed to grow my hair this long without any splits because of the capillary schedule (and masking three times a week at least) and the LCO method. Before that it would reach BSL and I'd chop back to APL every single time because of the ends as my hair is naturally porous and dry. I think you can "save" the length with the right routine.
    Shoulder (Mid 2018 BC) | Armpit (18.06.19) | Brastrap (01.08~18.12.19) | Waist (10.04.20) | Hip (09.12.20) | Tailbone | Classic
    ((Last trim: 21.12.2020 ~ Next cut: March 2022​))

Length
    17,5/25,8/?
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by pisinoe View Post
    Once every two weeks because my hair is much healthier now if it's dried out due to other factors, then once a week, but that's not the case right now. (My hair is not bleached, colored etc.)

Ok haha

The capillary schedule is actually super easy to do, you just need to choose specific products to rotate and have the right stash! If you are interested, I could also help you building you a routine with what you have and then you can see if it works for you or not.

Do you use leave-in and silicone oils? I only managed to grow my hair this long without any splits because of the capillary schedule (and masking three times a week at least) and the LCO method. Before that it would reach BSL and I'd chop back to APL every single time because of the ends as my hair is naturally porous and dry. I think you can "save" the length with the right routine.
    Oh pisinoe! I would really love that help!
    But don't feel obligated or stress over it!

My washing routine is something like conditioner/mask before shampoo and then at least two conditioners/masks after. I do use silicones, mostly in conditioners/masks and leave ins, and I always use leave in after wash and often oils or butters in the ends between washes.

You can see my products in this blogg post:
    https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/entry.php?b=141814

It's probably not that easy to navigate, though, because I just wanted to track what I'm buying and using up. I have some oils and butters that are not listed there.

Length
    SL/HL/CL
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Oh pisinoe! I would really love that help!
    But don't feel obligated or stress over it!

My washing routine is something like conditioner/mask before shampoo and then at least two conditioners/masks after. I do use silicones, mostly in conditioners/masks and leave ins, and I always use leave in after wash and often oils or butters in the ends between washes.

You can see my products in this blogg post:
    https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/entry.php?b=141814

It's probably not that easy to navigate, though, because I just wanted to track what I'm buying and using up. I have some oils and butters that are not listed there.
    I really enjoy doing this so it's no bother at all, no worries! Good that you already do CWCC, I do it as well and swear by it. You have a really nice selection of products imo, if you wanted to buy some new ones I'd suggest only more specific masks but that's it. Still, let's work with what you have

I don't know how often you wash your hair, but these are the three different washes I recommend (you can wash more often ofc, just follow the sequence):

Hydration
    Pre-poo: oil and/or conditioner/mask you'r not fond of
    Shampoo: Redken All soft shampoo
    Mask: Redken All Soft Mega Mask
    Conditioner: Redken: Frizz Dismiss conditioner
    Leave-in: Aussie Miracle Moist Recharge Hair Conditioner Spray
    Oil: Redken All soft argan-6 oil

Nourish
    Shampoo: Joico Moisture Recovery shampoo
    Mask: Avon: Advance Techniques Supreme Oils hair mask + Avon: Advance Techniques Supreme Oils leave in spray if needed
    Conditioner: Joico Moisture Recovery conditioner
    Leave-in: Aussie Miracle Moist Recharge Hair Conditioner Spray + Cantu: Grow Strong Strengthening Treatment

Repair
    Shampoo: Redken All soft shampoo
    Mask: Redken Extreme Anti-Snap Treatment + All Soft Mask or Matrix: Shine Rinse Lamellar Treatment
    Conditioner: Redken: Frizz Dismiss conditioner
    Leave-in: Aussie Miracle Moist Recharge Hair Conditioner Spray + Redken Extreme Anti-Snap Treatment

You can ofc use the medicated shampoos as needed, and clarify when you see the need to. This is just a draft, if you have any remarks or corrections, definitely let me know! If you find the Repair routine to be too strong, you can do it every fourth wash and then do your favorite (either Hydration or Nourish) a second time before it.
    Shoulder (Mid 2018 BC) | Armpit (18.06.19) | Brastrap (01.08~18.12.19) | Waist (10.04.20) | Hip (09.12.20) | Tailbone | Classic
    ((Last trim: 21.12.2020 ~ Next cut: March 2022​))

Length
    17,5/25,8/?
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Wow, thank you so much pisinoe!
    I can't wait to get started.

I would really like to know what masks you do recommend. At some point I will be purchasing new masks anyway.

I'm so happy I learned CWCC here, before LHC the idea of putting conditioner to my hair before shampoo would never had occured to me. I always use some products I don't like as first C. Most often the problem is the smell, not the performance itself...

When I use medicated shampoos, I use them only for my scalp, I protect ends with some heavy stuff and then usually wash lengths with something else, so I don't think it will interfere that much. Ketoconazole shampoo just seems to help me with shedding though I don't have any scalp issues (have seen a dermatologist for this).

I ordered the Joico Cuticle sealer. In wich wash should I use it, when it arrives?

Nowadays I wash my hair 2-3 times a week, I might be able to wash less, but I enjoy washing my hair, and I just need to wash it if I take a shower or bath. When it's hot and I sweat a lot I do wash every day.

I think we might have a capillary thread here somewhere...? Because I know I first heard about this here at LHC. I should take look.