Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Professional Hair Care Users Thread

Length
    Buzz/BUZZ/CBL

Default Re: Professional Hair Care Users Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Suortuva View Post
    Great Bat! Cuticle sealer sounds really interesting, might be something for me, I need to check it.
    Åh, I love freebies

I use all possible products, drugstore, salon, herbal and I like to test new products...

So these are my professional products, at least I think they are. Sorry if I have posted something that's not.

- Redken: All soft shampoo: It's really nice and have luxurious feeling. It has dimethicone as a third ingredient(!) and my hair usually just don't like coney shampoos (though I can and need to have them in other products) but this is totally fine. I still use it mostly for lengths, but my scalp really doesn't mind.

- Redken: All soft conditioner: I actually used this up recently, but I think I mention it anyway. I had the mask too. This was very hard to get out of the bottle, seriously! Otherwise this and the mask were ok products, but nothing more.

- Redken: extreme CAT-treatment: I use this occasionally. My hair seems to benefit of protein, so it's handy to have.

- Redken: Extreme Anti-snap leave-in: I like this one so much! I was without it a while and I really missed it. Works great in both wet and dry hair/ direct after wash or between washes.

- Redken: All soft argan-6 oil: The first ever coney serum that actually works for me. Impossible to overdose.

- Redken: All Soft Mega Mask: I saw some reviews saying it was too heavy, why I bought it. Well, it's not too heavy. I was expecting more.

- Redken: Frizz Dismiss Conditioner: Wow, this stuff is magic! Might be the best conditioner ever. Rich and detangling and little goes a long way, which usually is not the case with my conditioning products. But pretty hard to get out of the bottle... I'm curious about this line.

- Matrix: Shine Rinse Lamellar Treatment: My first product of that kind. Makes a real difference, I'm really pleased. And I need so little. But that tiny cap is just a bad joke, it's not fun!

- Joico: Moisture Recovery shampoo
    - Joico: Moisture Recovery conditioner: These 2 are huge bottles I have had since the end of 2018 and they are just bit boring. Not bad, but nothing to rave about. All my drugstore products do the same thing.

- Joico: K-Pak clarifying shampoo: This is harsh! I use it very rarely. But the smell, it's fantastic. Probably the best smelling hair product I ever have had. Do you know if they have any other products with this same smell?

Then I have had those Joico K-pak something deep penetrating protein mask and some hydrating mask and they weren't bad, but they weren't that extraordinary either...

I can't remember what I had from Kerastase, some cleaning condition and something more. I remember that I needed crazy amounts of that stuff...
    The redkin bottles drive me nuts! Worst design but all the bottles seem to be getting re packaging frizz dismis Is amazing though!

It's Interesting that you find K-Pak clarifying harsh, I love that stuff, good for getting Castor out. The reconstructor is meh but smells delicious

Maybe my hair likes a beating haha

Length
    17,5/25/?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    The redkin bottles drive me nuts! Worst design but all the bottles seem to be getting re packaging frizz dismis Is amazing though!

It's Interesting that you find K-Pak clarifying harsh, I love that stuff, good for getting Castor out. The reconstructor is meh but smells delicious

Maybe my hair likes a beating haha
    I have thought about moving it to a jar, seriously.
    I have some minor problems with my hands, maybe because they're hypermobile and some angry joints. I think I have the strength, but using it, well, that's another story...

I probably don't need the clarifying shampoo, we have super soft water and I use SLS shampoos often enough. And I don't do that heavy oiling either, and I usually have some conditioner first to get oils and butters out. Then my hair is very dry and fragile, even when virgin, has always been. And it's super absorbent and fluffy, there's never products that are heavy enough.

Redken had some split end sealer which I liked too, but I haven't been able to find it anymore.
    I have heard the mermaids singing... and I do think that they will sing to me...

Don't miss the LHC Book Club!

Length
    17,5/25/?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by pisinoe View Post
    Ahhh now I want the Redken Frizz Dismiss conditioner :P

Is it good for frizz?
    Personally I haven't thought about it. I read it was their most moisturising line. I can't say I don't have frizz, but I really don't think about it... But when I used it together with lamellar water and that megasoft mask, it actually made my hair super smooth, I couldn't recognise it. It was straightish, but in a good way. Otherwise it can dry very curly if I just let it be.
    I have heard the mermaids singing... and I do think that they will sing to me...

Length
    CBL/HL/HL
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Personally I haven't thought about it. I read it was their most moisturising line. I can't say I don't have frizz, but I really don't think about it... But when I used it together with lamellar water and that megasoft mask, it actually made my hair super smooth, I couldn't recognise it. It was straightish, but in a good way. Otherwise it can dry very curly if I just let it be.
    The lamellar water is an acidic treatment so I can see how it worked super well, especially if you had any porosity going on. I swear by those! Thank you, I’ll put it in my wishlist!

Length
    CBL/HL/HL
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Results of the Keune Vital Nutrition Mask:

So, I’m really impressed. It’s not a nourishing mask for me, but the weight it gives is amazing for the repairing treatment it gave on my hair. Solved the frizz, dryness and porosity issue I had going on as well. I had leave it on for 5min, and a little went a long way! It was amazing for detangling and felt super buttery. My hair feels soft and there’s barely any frizz, so it’s a pretty sealing result. I didn’t even need to use my silicone oil to make it feel smooth and silky. Also it dried pretty straight and smooth which I like. So... It’s approved and it’s going in my repairing mask rotation for now. Is it better than Therapiste? No, but it is second best so far out of everything else and I like to rotate.

Can’t wait to try Satin Oil now!

Length
    CBL/HL/HL
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    I think the "all soft" is pretty good for frizz; I have heard, not tried, so take it with a huge grain of salt!
    I have the mask, but if I see a travel size of the conditioner around I'll have to try that one as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    Yes it great for frizz it reduced a lot for me
    I'm convinced please to let me know how it goes with the leave-in!
    Collarbone (12.08.21) | Armpit (16.10.21) | Midback (14.10.22) | Waist (06.02.23) | Hip (23.03.24) | Belly Button

Length
    Buzz/BUZZ/CBL

Results of the Keune Vital Nutrition Mask:

So, I’m really impressed. It’s not a nourishing mask for me, but the weight it gives is amazing for the repairing treatment it gave on my hair. Solved the frizz, dryness and porosity issue I had going on as well. I had leave it on for 5min, and a little went a long way! It was amazing for detangling and felt super buttery. My hair feels soft and there’s barely any frizz, so it’s a pretty sealing result. I didn’t even need to use my silicone oil to make it feel smooth and silky. Also it dried pretty straight and smooth which I like. So... It’s approved and it’s going in my repairing mask rotation for now. Is it better than Therapiste? No, but it is second best so far out of everything else and I like to rotate.

Can’t wait to try Satin Oil now!
    Aaahhh it looks so good!

Length
    Buzz/BUZZ/CBL

I have thought about moving it to a jar, seriously.
    I have some minor problems with my hands, maybe because they're hypermobile and some angry joints. I think I have the strength, but using it, well, that's another story...

I probably don't need the clarifying shampoo, we have super soft water and I use SLS shampoos often enough. And I don't do that heavy oiling either, and I usually have some conditioner first to get oils and butters out. Then my hair is very dry and fragile, even when virgin, has always been. And it's super absorbent and fluffy, there's never products that are heavy enough.

Redken had some split end sealer which I liked too, but I haven't been able to find it anymore.
    I have to put a bowl in a sink and use two hands to squeeze it in then goop it in my hair, I hope the new bottles will be better

I have the mask, but if I see a travel size of the conditioner around I'll have to try that one as well!

I willllll

Length
    17,5/25/?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

The lamellar water is an acidic treatment so I can see how it worked super well, especially if you had any porosity going on. I swear by those! Thank you, I’ll put it in my wishlist!
    So interesting. I know for fact that I have quite a high porosity hair, even my virgin hair. (I have same damage left in the ends). I don't see this discussed so often, it seem that only the low porosity people are interested to discuss porosity.

Yes, please, thanks!

Length
    Buzz/BUZZ/CBL

Of course I just HAD to get 3 of the keune masks, NO MORE! I've put enough stuff on klarna to last me a while