Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Professional Hair Care Users Thread

Length
    CBL/HL/HL
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Default Re: Professional Hair Care Users Thread

Finally managed to get to my most recent haul! The shampoo is simply amazing. I was having a pretty blad flare up of Sebderm (redness, sebum balls, itching, flakes, scales, you name it...) and I washed with it three times to really clean my scalp and left the product on for 3 min. Oh god... I only have a bit of flakes left but everything else is gone and my hair was not dried out at all. I'm speechless.

The wet detangler is also amaaaaazing (thank you for the recc, lapushka!). It also offers a great scalp massage. I'm in love
    Collarbone (12.08.21) | Armpit (16.10.21) | Midback (14.10.22) | Waist (06.02.23) | Hip (23.03.24) | Belly Button

Length
    Bald/Pixie/Term

We can get tigi bedhead at the supermarket here I should add it to my collection one day but I got so many to use up first

So far I like joico's clarifying shampoo the moisture recovery range and the cuticle sealer

I also have olaplex range I've tried the oil and the number 3, which has helped a little I have others to try in the range it's in my huge stash ( huge to me anyway)

My ultimate favorite so far is the redkin frizz dismis, my hair always feels super silky and it reduces my frizz it's pretty thick the conditioner
    .my only issue is the bottle, it's quite hard and you need like two hands to squeeze the thing

It's Interesting that Joico moisture recovery was too heavy I thought it was pretty light

I don't like the Joico K-Pak reconstructor it didn't do much and I didn't enjoy it's vomit looking consistently, it did smell great though if you like bubblegum

Edit: I ended up buying some things bad bat!

Kérastase Resistance Therapiste Masque
    Kerastase Elixir Ultime Masque
    Redken Frizz Dismis Rebel Tame Leave in
    L'Oréal Professionnel Liss Unlimited Smoothing Masque
    Redken Extreme Megamask
    Fanola Nutricare Restructuring Mask+( it was on sale for $14 and it's 500ml so I got it)
    RPR Straighten Me Out (200ml and under $5)

My orders came with freebies
    Kemon Actyva Disciplina Shampoo and Mask 30ml Duo
    Redken One United 30ml
    Last edited by Bat; April 20th, 2021 at 08:12 AM.

Length
    16/38/TBL
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by foreveryours View Post
    My only experience with professional haircare products (I think) has been for braiding so I guess this note would fall under the category of "Styling Aid". I've tried both Oscar Blandi Braid Paste and Redken Braid Aid 03. The Redken prodcut is more like a gel which I prefer but its "fragrance" is very intense and long-lasting, definitely unsuitable for a guy. BTW I'm not a professional
    I didn't know they made products for braiding, my braids get shredded quickly so this is great news! Thanks foreveryours!
    CBL/APL/BSL​/MBL/Waist/Hip/TBL

Length
    17,5/25/?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Bat, have you tried Redken One United before, or are you gonna try it soon? I would like know what you think about it! Or anyone else, of course, I just saw you mention it.

I'll update this thread with my professional products when I have energy, but I can say that I really like Redken but haven't been particularly impressed by Kerastase or Joico.
    I have heard the mermaids singing... and I do think that they will sing to me...

Don't miss the LHC Book Club!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I love that, pisinoe. I mean often YMMV and it's kind of a bit tricky to recommend stuff to other people, but I am so glad you got some scalp relief; and yes, man do I love a good brush!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    Bald/Pixie/Term

Quote Originally Posted by Suortuva View Post
    Bat, have you tried Redken One United before, or are you gonna try it soon? I would like know what you think about it! Or anyone else, of course, I just saw you mention it.

I'll update this thread with my professional products when I have energy, but I can say that I really like Redken but haven't been particularly impressed by Kerastase or Joico.
    I'm getting it as a freebie I'll let you know what I think of it when it comes in the post, I like Joico the cuticle sealer is amazing I've not tried Kerastase yet so that will be interesting to try

Length
    17,5/25/?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Great Bat! Cuticle sealer sounds really interesting, might be something for me, I need to check it.
    Åh, I love freebies

I use all possible products, drugstore, salon, herbal and I like to test new products...

So these are my professional products, at least I think they are. Sorry if I have posted something that's not.

- Redken: All soft shampoo: It's really nice and have luxurious feeling. It has dimethicone as a third ingredient(!) and my hair usually just don't like coney shampoos (though I can and need to have them in other products) but this is totally fine. I still use it mostly for lengths, but my scalp really doesn't mind.

- Redken: All soft conditioner: I actually used this up recently, but I think I mention it anyway. I had the mask too. This was very hard to get out of the bottle, seriously! Otherwise this and the mask were ok products, but nothing more.

- Redken: extreme CAT-treatment: I use this occasionally. My hair seems to benefit of protein, so it's handy to have.

- Redken: Extreme Anti-snap leave-in: I like this one so much! I was without it a while and I really missed it. Works great in both wet and dry hair/ direct after wash or between washes.

- Redken: All soft argan-6 oil: The first ever coney serum that actually works for me. Impossible to overdose.

- Redken: All Soft Mega Mask: I saw some reviews saying it was too heavy, why I bought it. Well, it's not too heavy. I was expecting more.

- Redken: Frizz Dismiss Conditioner: Wow, this stuff is magic! Might be the best conditioner ever. Rich and detangling and little goes a long way, which usually is not the case with my conditioning products. But pretty hard to get out of the bottle... I'm curious about this line.

- Matrix: Shine Rinse Lamellar Treatment: My first product of that kind. Makes a real difference, I'm really pleased. And I need so little. But that tiny cap is just a bad joke, it's not fun!

- Joico: Moisture Recovery shampoo
    - Joico: Moisture Recovery conditioner: These 2 are huge bottles I have had since the end of 2018 and they are just bit boring. Not bad, but nothing to rave about. All my drugstore products do the same thing.

- Joico: K-Pak clarifying shampoo: This is harsh! I use it very rarely. But the smell, it's fantastic. Probably the best smelling hair product I ever have had. Do you know if they have any other products with this same smell?

Then I have had those Joico K-pak something deep penetrating protein mask and some hydrating mask and they weren't bad, but they weren't that extraordinary either...

I can't remember what I had from Kerastase, some cleaning condition and something more. I remember that I needed crazy amounts of that stuff...
    I have heard the mermaids singing... and I do think that they will sing to me...

Don't miss the LHC Book Club!

Length
    CBL/HL/HL
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Ahhh now I want the Redken Frizz Dismiss conditioner :P

Is it good for frizz?

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by pisinoe View Post

Is it good for frizz?
    I think the "all soft" is pretty good for frizz; I have heard, not tried, so take it with a huge grain of salt!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    Bald/Pixie/Term

Quote Originally Posted by pisinoe View Post

Is it good for frizz?
    Yes it great for frizz it reduced a lot for me