Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair Mishaps and Funny Accidents

Length
    29"/34/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

Default Hair Mishaps and Funny Accidents

I'm sure there was an old thread about hair mishaps but I couldn't find one. I just had a hair mishap in the bathroom. I had my hair up in the wrapped ribboned braids from Morgan Donner but I took the wrapped part down for a nap. For those who don't know the style, the ribbons tie off the braids and hang to the ground when not wrapped around your head. Well, I forgot about that and went to the washroom. I only clued in when a wet ribbon stuck to my butt! Yup! It had totally fallen into the toilet. I couldn't take my hair down and toss that ribbon fast enough.
    Lady Meikyo of the Cerise Blade

The journey continues Eastbound&Down's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/SL/Hip
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

Default Re: Hair Mishaps and Funny Accidents

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty89 View Post
    I'm sure there was an old thread about hair mishaps but I couldn't find one. I just had a hair mishap in the bathroom. I had my hair up in the wrapped ribboned braids from Morgan Donner but I took the wrapped part down for a nap. For those who don't know the style, the ribbons tie off the braids and hang to the ground when not wrapped around your head. Well, I forgot about that and went to the washroom. I only clued in when a wet ribbon stuck to my butt! Yup! It had totally fallen into the toilet. I couldn't take my hair down and toss that ribbon fast enough.
    Oh no! Long hair problems, indeed!

Length
    26 in/31 in/32 in
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty89 View Post
    Oh my! Sorry this happened to you, but it did give me a good chuckle.

My latest mishap involves breakfast a few weeks ago. Leaned forward over my plate of potatoes and over easy eggs to grab the pepper. My braid came over my shoulder and plopped right into the eggs.

Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

I told Youngest Dear Son that he'll know he's a long hair (he's currently APL) when he gets his hair caught when the seat belt retracts
    Not Cut, But After Washing, Before Brushing and Bunning...Baby steps!

Length
    22APL/32WL/43CL
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I’m not very good at using bristled hair rollers or round brushes. I remembered in my mid teens I tried to curl my shoulder length hair with just a few hair rollers that got stuck. After my mother said it may have to be cut out (my parents wanted me to have short hair anyway), I managed to rip them out, but probably had lots of splits.

I think I've told the story before about the time I was helping Former Partner paint his house... doing the underside of the kitchen cabinets... then managed to bump my head against the freshly-painted cabinets (because of course I did, because klutz). There we were, with him trying to scrub the paint off my hair with a rag... I wore a scarf over my hair after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibrah View Post
    Oh my! Sorry this happened to you, but it did give me a good chuckle.

My latest mishap involves breakfast a few weeks ago. Leaned forward over my plate of potatoes and over easy eggs to grab the pepper. My braid came over my shoulder and plopped right into the eggs.
    UGH the braid flop. Bane of my existence... cleaning bucket, litterbox, carrying something I have to set on the floor, bending over to tie my shoes and the braid flops into my line of vision... there have been times when it has been so annoying I've had to quell the urge to grab the nearest pair of scissors and just chop the braid(s) off. (But then I remember my hair will be in the way even more if it's too short to pull back...)
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Length
    Shorn/SL+/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

Sometimes when I shave I forget to tie my hair back and end up catching my hair instead another I've noticed is getting hair trapped when I'm putting in my hoop/sleeper earrings, things I've forgotten about, since the last time I had longish hair was about 4-5 years ago

Length
    ?/WL/FTL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Picking dog poo up in the garden - holding one poo in the bag palm up and wandering around scouting for others - didnít notice my braid tassel was resting on my open hand
    No Water Sebum Only since November 2020. Previously water only. Crossed to the dark side and now rocking sebum only. Feral hair nirvana loading...

Length
    ./53/KNEE
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Feral_ View Post
    Picking dog poo up in the garden - holding one poo in the bag palm up and wandering around scouting for others - didn’t notice my braid tassel was resting on my open hand
    Hopefully it wasn't fresh but had air dried some
    scalp > SL > MBL > WL > TBL > FTL > LHC > ???

Length
    26 in/31 in/32 in
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

Well, now I don't think mine was that bad at all. I'll take eggs over litter boxes and dog poop any day!