Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 79

Thread: Hair Mishaps and Funny Accidents

  1. #11
    Member foreveryours's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Where no man has gone before
    Posts
    1,052
    Length
    ./53/KNEE
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

    Default Re: Hair Mishaps and Funny Accidents

    Quote Originally Posted by Kibrah View Post
    Well, now I don't think mine was that bad at all. I'll take eggs over litter boxes and dog poop any day!
    Some people put egg in their hair intentionally but apparently beer is much better

    https://science-yhairblog.blogspot.c...n-protein.html

    scalp > SL > MBL > WL > TBL > FTL > LHC > ???

  2. #12
    Member Kibrah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Everywhere, traveling the USA.
    Posts
    251
    Length
    26 in/31 in/32 in
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

    Default Re: Hair Mishaps and Funny Accidents

    Quote Originally Posted by foreveryours View Post
    Some people put egg in their hair intentionally but apparently beer is much better

    https://science-yhairblog.blogspot.c...n-protein.html

    I have used egg white to wash my hair and I really liked the results. I know the protein doesn't soak in but it did make my hair feel nice. Beer has only gotten onto my hair by accident. I'll check out that link, thanks.

  3. #13
    Prairie Pintsize Shorty89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    3,709
    Length
    29"/34/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

    Default Re: Hair Mishaps and Funny Accidents

    Quote Originally Posted by Kibrah View Post
    Well, now I don't think mine was that bad at all. I'll take eggs over litter boxes and dog poop any day!
    I'd agree with you on that one! I always make sure my hair is up before I do my cat's litter box.

  4. #14
    Member TheLuckyLurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    1,186
    Type
    3b/M/C/ii

    Default Re: Hair Mishaps and Funny Accidents

    I remember reading a story on this very forum years ago about someone wearing her hair loose. She bent down to tie her shoe and somehow ended up standing on her own hair. There was enough slack that she didn't notice... until she stood up. Or rather, tried to stand up.
    Enjoying shorter hair for now.

  5. #15

    Default Re: Hair Mishaps and Funny Accidents

    Quote Originally Posted by Shorty89 View Post
    I'd agree with you on that one! I always make sure my hair is up before I do my cat's litter box.
    My braid gets tucked into the back of my shirt. Yup, way too many near-misses...


    Quote Originally Posted by TheLuckyLurker View Post
    I remember reading a story on this very forum years ago about someone wearing her hair loose. She bent down to tie her shoe and somehow ended up standing on her own hair. There was enough slack that she didn't notice... until she stood up. Or rather, tried to stand up.
    Oh, I have done this so many times...


    Oh yes, and I've also told the story before (probably more than once) about the time I woke up and tried to turn over, but my partner was lying on my hair. Right up against my back, so I could not move my head at all. And wouldn't wake up. All I could do was keep elbowing him until he finally came to just enough for me to get across to him that he needed to move and why... (I can't remember if he even remembered it the next morning... I don't think so, because I seem to recall describing it to him and him cracking up.)
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

  6. #16
    Member DweamGoiL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    5,361
    Length
    24/32.25/Dunno
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

    Default Re: Hair Mishaps and Funny Accidents

    I usually like to dry my hair by laying it behind me while I am sitting on the couch working or watching TV. Sometimes I'll turn on the fan and just move the hair around for air circulation and faster drying. I have one of those back pillow things with the arms on the sides and it "had" large buttons on the top so you can add a neck pillow when needed. So, as I usually do and have been doing for quite a while, I had washed my hair and sat down and spread my hair behind me and tossed it around a few times as it dried. When I went to get up, somehow, the hair near the back of my neck had managed to wrap itself around the previously mentioned buttons and I was trapped. I had to get my daughter to assist in freeing me. Needless to say buttons were cut off right after.
    DweamGoiL

    1c - 2a / f - m / ii | current length = 32.25 inches - working for a thick blunt hemline

  7. #17
    Member Feral_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Oop North, UK
    Posts
    1,974
    Length
    ?/WL/FTL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

    Default Re: Hair Mishaps and Funny Accidents

    Quote Originally Posted by foreveryours View Post
    Hopefully it wasn't fresh but had air dried some
    Thankfully yes, they’re always small ‘kickable’ poos lol. Your comment alone tells me you are au fait with canine poop!
    No Water Sebum Only since November 2020. Previously water only. Crossed to the dark side and now rocking sebum only. Feral hair nirvana loading...

  8. #18
    Member foreveryours's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Where no man has gone before
    Posts
    1,052
    Length
    ./53/KNEE
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

    Default Re: Hair Mishaps and Funny Accidents

    Quote Originally Posted by Feral_ View Post
    Thankfully yes, they’re always small ‘kickable’ poos lol. Your comment alone tells me you are au fait with canine poop!
    C'est vrai, je suis tres au fait!

    But it's been a long time
    scalp > SL > MBL > WL > TBL > FTL > LHC > ???

  9. #19

    Default Re: Hair Mishaps and Funny Accidents

    Quote Originally Posted by DweamGoiL View Post
    I usually like to dry my hair by laying it behind me while I am sitting on the couch working or watching TV. Sometimes I'll turn on the fan and just move the hair around for air circulation and faster drying. I have one of those back pillow things with the arms on the sides and it "had" large buttons on the top so you can add a neck pillow when needed. So, as I usually do and have been doing for quite a while, I had washed my hair and sat down and spread my hair behind me and tossed it around a few times as it dried. When I went to get up, somehow, the hair near the back of my neck had managed to wrap itself around the previously mentioned buttons and I was trapped. I had to get my daughter to assist in freeing me. Needless to say buttons were cut off right after.
    I sympathise! I cut the buttons off the neck of my daughter’s tops after her hair got horribly tangled in them. Trying to rescue a toddler when her hair is eating her clothes is no fun!

  10. #20
    Member Feral_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Oop North, UK
    Posts
    1,974
    Length
    ?/WL/FTL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

    Default Re: Hair Mishaps and Funny Accidents

    Just had a hair accident - cleaning in the kitchen underneath a wall unit cupboard. Forgetting I was underneath the corner of the unit, I went to stand up (I’ve done this previously and had to ice my skull) Whacked my head - but my bun took the impact! I’m re-naming it a safety bun!
    No Water Sebum Only since November 2020. Previously water only. Crossed to the dark side and now rocking sebum only. Feral hair nirvana loading...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •