Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Does anyone here shed specifically because of liquid shampoo?

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Does anyone here shed specifically because of liquid shampoo?

Maybe there is something in the liquids vs. bars that she is allergic to. Are they syndets or real soap bars, I assume syndets since you mentioned sulfate-free but I could be just assuming wrongly.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Maybe there is something in the liquids vs. bars that she is allergic to. Are they syndets or real soap bars, I assume syndets since you mentioned sulfate-free but I could be just assuming wrongly.
    I'm actually starting to think some ingredients from the Maui Moisture line has things in it that we can't stand.
    I used the Coconut Curl Quench shampoo and the Awapuhi conditioner again today on my hair. It worked the first time for me and I didn't shed much. Today was a different story altogether. I definitely shed a lot more and that's with keeping track of my hairfall today before the wash.

Looking up the reviews, some people are experiencing the same issues so I'll just keep the bottles around as a body wash instead.

The shampoo bar that currently works best for my mom is the Trader Joe's shampoo bar and The Country Escape Lavendar bar. Good stuff.

http://thecountryescape.net/handcraf...s/shampoo-bars

These worked great for us.
    ☼ ☽ CL - SL - Collarbone - APL - BSL - WL ☾ ☼ ​
    https://64.media.tumblr.com/b76820fe04c7a7abe7460af10e2e58f3/234c604de5aacec4-fe/s2048x3072/889011b4db3765321357dcdf1fe6cb7704e778ff.png

Length
    bsl/mbl/waist
    Type
    2a/2b/F/iii

Maybe an allergy test if there is such concern? Guessing doesn't really work for allergies. Sensitivities, sometimes. Allergies, not. Ask me how I know All hair is going to shed, and nobody is going to shed the same. Most of us overthink here, to a degree, if we're honest.

Good luck, and think about a test. Truly.

Length
    Pixie/MBL/???
    Type
    2c/3a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Death-Within-Me View Post
    I'm actually starting to think some ingredients from the Maui Moisture line has things in it that we can't stand.
    I used the Coconut Curl Quench shampoo and the Awapuhi conditioner again today on my hair. It worked the first time for me and I didn't shed much. Today was a different story altogether. I definitely shed a lot more and that's with keeping track of my hairfall today before the wash.

Looking up the reviews, some people are experiencing the same issues so I'll just keep the bottles around as a body wash instead.

The shampoo bar that currently works best for my mom is the Trader Joe's shampoo bar and The Country Escape Lavendar bar. Good stuff.

http://thecountryescape.net/handcraf...s/shampoo-bars

These worked great for us.
    Not sure about the Country Escape bar, but the TJ bar is a syndet.
    Pix~Bob~CBL~Shoulder~APL~BSL~MBL~Waist~Hip~TBL~CL...We'll see.

Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by pili View Post
    Not sure about the Country Escape bar, but the TJ bar is a syndet.
    Whaaaat? Glad you told me this because ever since my mom went back to the TJ bar, the miracle ended and she started loosing hair again. Going to tell her to stop it now.
    https://64.media.tumblr.com/b76820fe04c7a7abe7460af10e2e58f3/234c604de5aacec4-fe/s2048x3072/889011b4db3765321357dcdf1fe6cb7704e778ff.png

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Death-Within-Me View Post
    Whaaaat? Glad you told me this because ever since my mom went back to the TJ bar, the miracle ended and she started loosing hair again. Going to tell her to stop it now.
    And only a couple posts upthread you're actually raving about it.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    And only a couple posts upthread you're actually raving about it.
    I'm in a confusing situation. It was working for one person (my mom.) After the Maui Moisture, she used the TJ bar again and still lost hair but not as much/ I suggested the bar to my aunt and it did not work for her at all. Her hairloss issues are still happening.
    I, myself, only used it once and it was alright.

The Country Escape Lavendar bar is the most consistent bar that works and I think I was raving more for that bar.

Anyway, having talked to her just now, she still wants to continue the TJ bar again to see how it goes.