Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31

Thread: Silk bed hat

  1. #11
    Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    UK
    Age
    33
    Posts
    6,641
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Ankl+/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

    Default Re: Silk bed hat

    Quote Originally Posted by Feral_ View Post
    I would consider a silk cap IF they made them for small head sizes! I can only find adult ones (60cm is way too big!) or ones for babies (too chuffin small)
    I've seen child-sized ones occasionally on Etsy (though usually a bit more expensive than the eBay ones linked, being totally handmade).
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

  2. #12
    Member Feral_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    The North, UK
    Posts
    1,974
    Length
    ?/WL/FTL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

    Default Re: Silk bed hat

    Quote Originally Posted by MusicalSpoons View Post
    I've seen child-sized ones occasionally on Etsy (though usually a bit more expensive than the eBay ones linked, being totally handmade).
    Thank you ‘Spoons. It’s something I’ll definitely consider when my hair gets too much for its cinnabun scrunchie for sleeping
    No Water Sebum Only since November 2020. Previously water only. Crossed to the dark side and now rocking sebum only. Feral hair nirvana loading...

  3. #13
    Member Tinyponies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    2,104
    Length
    buzz/tbl/cl
    Type
    2a/F/ii

    Default Re: Silk bed hat

    Feral if you did want to try a silk cap, the one like mine has the elastic on the outside and itís easy to replace, which would give the option to bunch it up more so that it would fit you. Let me know if you fancy trying it, and I could explain how I did mine.

  4. #14

    Default Re: Silk bed hat

    I almost always end up wearing these caps inside out, since the slippery side is often on the outside. Next time I buy on Etsy I'm going to specifically check in about that.

  5. #15
    Member confettiwizard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    60
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

    Default Re: Silk bed hat

    Following this as I bought a silk cap from Amazon that I just loathe as it falls off my head at night while I sleep and I have yet to find a good (affordable) one that will stay on!

  6. #16
    Member confettiwizard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    60
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

    Default Re: Silk bed hat

    Are you aware of an exact one of these that is available to ship in the US? Not only is it great price wise but the style of it is so cute. Looks like less of a granny vibe which I love haha!

  7. #17
    Member Tinyponies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    2,104
    Length
    buzz/tbl/cl
    Type
    2a/F/ii

    Default Re: Silk bed hat

    Quote Originally Posted by shterntikhl View Post
    I almost always end up wearing these caps inside out, since the slippery side is often on the outside. Next time I buy on Etsy I'm going to specifically check in about that.
    Yeah, ha! Iíve been wearing mine inside out for so long that I started considering that the proper way of things!

  8. #18
    Member Feral_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    The North, UK
    Posts
    1,974
    Length
    ?/WL/FTL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

    Default Re: Silk bed hat

    Quote Originally Posted by Tinyponies View Post
    Feral if you did want to try a silk cap, the one like mine has the elastic on the outside and itís easy to replace, which would give the option to bunch it up more so that it would fit you. Let me know if you fancy trying it, and I could explain how I did mine.
    Thanks ĎPonies You might overestimate my sewing skills though!
    No Water Sebum Only since November 2020. Previously water only. Crossed to the dark side and now rocking sebum only. Feral hair nirvana loading...

  9. #19

    Default Re: Silk bed hat

    Wait there are ones that don't fall off during the night? By what mechanism do they stay on (assuming it doesn't involve squishing skin or hair)? Chin straps?

  10. #20
    Πεισινόη pisinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Luxembourg
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,224
    Length
    CBL/WL/HL
    Type
    2b/M/iii

    Default Re: Silk bed hat

    Quote Originally Posted by Feral_ View Post
    I would consider a silk cap IF they made them for small head sizes! I can only find adult ones (60cm is way too big!) or ones for babies (too chuffin small)
    BeautifullyBiracial on etsy (UK) does it measure if you request it!
    Collarbone (12.08.21) | Armpit (16.10.21) | Midback (14.10.22) | Waist (06.02.23) | Hip

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •