Thread: Silk bed hat

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: Silk bed hat

Quote Originally Posted by Feral_ View Post
    I would consider a silk cap IF they made them for small head sizes! I can only find adult ones (60cm is way too big!) or ones for babies (too chuffin small)
    I've seen child-sized ones occasionally on Etsy (though usually a bit more expensive than the eBay ones linked, being totally handmade).
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    ?/WL/FTL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MusicalSpoons View Post
    I've seen child-sized ones occasionally on Etsy (though usually a bit more expensive than the eBay ones linked, being totally handmade).
    Thank you ‘Spoons. It’s something I’ll definitely consider when my hair gets too much for its cinnabun scrunchie for sleeping
    No Water Sebum Only since November 2020. Previously water only. Crossed to the dark side and now rocking sebum only. Feral hair nirvana loading...

Length
    buzz/tbl/cl
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Feral if you did want to try a silk cap, the one like mine has the elastic on the outside and it’s easy to replace, which would give the option to bunch it up more so that it would fit you. Let me know if you fancy trying it, and I could explain how I did mine.

I almost always end up wearing these caps inside out, since the slippery side is often on the outside. Next time I buy on Etsy I'm going to specifically check in about that.

Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

Following this as I bought a silk cap from Amazon that I just loathe as it falls off my head at night while I sleep and I have yet to find a good (affordable) one that will stay on!

Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

Are you aware of an exact one of these that is available to ship in the US? Not only is it great price wise but the style of it is so cute. Looks like less of a granny vibe which I love haha!

Length
    buzz/tbl/cl
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by shterntikhl View Post
    I almost always end up wearing these caps inside out, since the slippery side is often on the outside. Next time I buy on Etsy I'm going to specifically check in about that.
    Yeah, ha! I’ve been wearing mine inside out for so long that I started considering that the proper way of things!

Length
    ?/WL/FTL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Tinyponies View Post
    Feral if you did want to try a silk cap, the one like mine has the elastic on the outside and it’s easy to replace, which would give the option to bunch it up more so that it would fit you. Let me know if you fancy trying it, and I could explain how I did mine.
    Thanks ‘Ponies You might overestimate my sewing skills though!
    No Water Sebum Only since November 2020. Previously water only. Crossed to the dark side and now rocking sebum only. Feral hair nirvana loading...

Wait there are ones that don't fall off during the night? By what mechanism do they stay on (assuming it doesn't involve squishing skin or hair)? Chin straps?

Length
    CBL/HL/HL
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Feral_ View Post
    I would consider a silk cap IF they made them for small head sizes! I can only find adult ones (60cm is way too big!) or ones for babies (too chuffin small)
    BeautifullyBiracial on etsy (UK) does it measure if you request it!
    Collarbone (12.08.21) | Armpit (16.10.21) | Midback (14.10.22) | Waist (06.02.23) | Hip (23.03.24) | Belly Button