Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Everyday Hair Care and How To Grow My Hair 30/Waist Length.

  1. #1
    New Member GraceSchweter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Age
    26
    Posts
    5
    Length
    18/18/30
    Type
    3b/3c/C/iii

    Default Everyday Hair Care and How To Grow My Hair 30/Waist Length.

    I usually wash my hair with Biotion & Collagen or Not Your Mothers Way To Grow, Grow Strong, then I use conditioner, leave it in for 3-10 minutes to get my hair very moisturized, I take 2 Hair Skin and Nails Gummy Vitimins Daily, then when my hair is still wet, I use Hair Growth Oil to help my hair grow. Depending on if Im straightening my hair or leaving it curly determine what products I use after I use Hair Growth Oil. If I am leaving my hair Curly I use Leave in Conditioner, and then Pump It Up Gold Styling Spritz after my hair is completely dry. If I am blow drying my hair I use DesignLine Ultimate Radiance Protect or Shine Leave in Conditioning Spray, or Smoothing Serum or Chi Total Protect, and use Biotin Thickening Spray. If Im straightening my hair after I blow dry it, I use Guardian Angel Heat Protect, or SexyHair Smooth Sexy Hair or Regis Texture Balance for Shine. How can I get my hair to grow longer stronger and faster?














    and god said

  2. #2
    LHC FairyGodMum lapushka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    59,725
    Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

    Default Re: Everyday Hair Care and How To Grow My Hair 30/Waist Length.

    General newb questions, sorry...

    1/ Do you use a straightener / curling iron?
    2/ Do you get frequent trims at the salon? If so, how often?

    Welcome to the forum. Nice curl & color!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

  3. #3
    New Member GraceSchweter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Age
    26
    Posts
    5
    Length
    18/18/30
    Type
    3b/3c/C/iii

    Default Re: Everyday Hair Care and How To Grow My Hair 30/Waist Length.

    Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    General newb questions, sorry...

    1/ Do you use a straightener / curling iron?
    2/ Do you get frequent trims at the salon? If so, how often?

    Welcome to the forum. Nice curl & color!
    Yes, I do use a straightener, I dont normally use a curling iron. I havent trimmed my hair in a bit, my hair really doesnt have split ends.

    Thank you! I appreciate it. My hair is all natural, no colour and no perms or anything. Its naturally this curly.

  4. #4
    Member shelomit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Age
    26
    Posts
    583
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

    Default Re: Everyday Hair Care and How To Grow My Hair 30/Waist Length.

    Howdy, nice to meet you!

  5. #5
    Member Handel'sWig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Age
    19
    Posts
    147
    Length
    BSL/Waist/TBL+
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

    Default Re: Everyday Hair Care and How To Grow My Hair 30/Waist Length.

    Hi! Welcome. I thought Id never get there but I grew my hair to waist starting from a few inches longer than yours. Im getting close to hip now. You can do it!

    The best way to get started growing long hair is to make a few simple changes to avoid damage. You have to take a few things out before you can add things (oils, treatments, etc) in. Growing hair is less about products and things you do to hair and more about just letting hair do its thing without hurting it.

    Stop heat styling, including blow-drying. Its very damaging even if you use heat protectant. Stop using traditional hair elastics, they break a lot of hair off. (there are plenty of other options , like scrunchies, pantyhose ties, ribbon, pins, and eventually the best thing ever- sticks) . Start wearing your hair in styles that protect it well, like braids and buns. Find a way to sleep with your hair protected, whether thats a sleep cap, a silk pillowcase, or just a braid. Get a good wide-tooth comb and detangle hair very gently, dont rip through it.

    Maybe cut back on the products a little. Less is more. Especially consider getting rid of anything with sulfates and silicones as those are pretty bad for hair health. You can usually substitute pure natural oils and other stuff like that for products that control frizz , etc. Trust me on this one- a few drops of castor oil or baby oil makes my hair smoother and shiner than any product Ive tried.

  6. #6
    Member JasminxCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    716
    Length
    APL/MBL/TBL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

    Default Re: Everyday Hair Care and How To Grow My Hair 30/Waist Length.

    Hey welcome
    You said how you can get your hair to grow longer stronger and faster?
    I take multivitamins with biotin daily to help with health, shedding and growth, but the key is really just a lot of patience and delicate care

    I agree with Handel'sWig
    I used to use heat obsessively and was never able to grow past BSL until I stopped using them. If I ever do, it is on very, very rare occasions with heat protectant of course. I also agree that less product is always better. I myself find that using silicones is better for my hair though, I don't think silicones are the devil. Some hair types might do better with silicone and/sulfate products than not. For me it helps with slip, cuts back on tangles and frizz. Don't be afraid to experiment until you find what works best for you
    Last edited by JasminxCat; April 12th, 2021 at 10:29 PM.

  7. #7
    New Member GraceSchweter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Age
    26
    Posts
    5
    Length
    18/18/30
    Type
    3b/3c/C/iii

    Default Re: Everyday Hair Care and How To Grow My Hair 30/Waist Length.

    Quote Originally Posted by Handel'sWig View Post
    Hi! Welcome. I thought Id never get there but I grew my hair to waist starting from a few inches longer than yours. Im getting close to hip now. You can do it!

    The best way to get started growing long hair is to make a few simple changes to avoid damage. You have to take a few things out before you can add things (oils, treatments, etc) in. Growing hair is less about products and things you do to hair and more about just letting hair do its thing without hurting it.

    Stop heat styling, including blow-drying. Its very damaging even if you use heat protectant. Stop using traditional hair elastics, they break a lot of hair off. (there are plenty of other options , like scrunchies, pantyhose ties, ribbon, pins, and eventually the best thing ever- sticks) . Start wearing your hair in styles that protect it well, like braids and buns. Find a way to sleep with your hair protected, whether thats a sleep cap, a silk pillowcase, or just a braid. Get a good wide-tooth comb and detangle hair very gently, dont rip through it.

    Maybe cut back on the products a little. Less is more. Especially consider getting rid of anything with sulfates and silicones as those are pretty bad for hair health. You can usually substitute pure natural oils and other stuff like that for products that control frizz , etc. Trust me on this one- a few drops of castor oil or baby oil makes my hair smoother and shiner than any product Ive tried.
    This gives me Hope and is the best advice ever!
    Thank you!

  8. #8
    New Member GraceSchweter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Age
    26
    Posts
    5
    Length
    18/18/30
    Type
    3b/3c/C/iii

    Default Re: Everyday Hair Care and How To Grow My Hair 30/Waist Length.

    Quote Originally Posted by JasminxCat View Post
    Hey welcome
    You said how you can get your hair to grow longer stronger and faster?
    I take multivitamins with biotin daily to help with health, shedding and growth, but the key is really just a lot of patience and delicate care

    I agree with Handel'sWig
    I used to use heat obsessively and was never able to grow past BSL until I stopped using them. If I ever do, it is on very, very rare occasions with heat protectant of course. I also agree that less product is always better. I myself find that using silicones is better for my hair though, I don't think silicones are the devil. Some hair types might do better with silicone and/sulfate products than not. For me it helps with slip, cuts back on tangles and frizz. Don't be afraid to experiment until you find what works best for you
    Thank you so very much! 😃

  9. #9
    Member Aerya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    scandinavia
    Posts
    873
    Length
    CBL/WL/TBL
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii/iii

    Default Re: Everyday Hair Care and How To Grow My Hair 30/Waist Length.

    A little note on sulfates and silicones. You'll often hear advice to avoid it, but YMMV.

    For me, no-sulfate shampoos simply don't work. I don't know why, but that just leads to a lot of scalp pain. If your scalp isn't happy, your hair isn't either. If sulfate-free doesn't work for you, just use sulfates. I have WL+ hair and use sulfates with every wash. My hair looks fine and my scalp is happy.

    As for silicones, they're great for a lot of people. I have dyed/bleached lengths. If I don't use a heavy conditioner with a lot of slip (which silicones are great at providing), it's a tangly mess. Having to rip through tangles several times a day isn't good for my hair. If you have damaged hair, silicones can actually be a benefit to your hair care routine. I know a lot of people with curly hair avoids silicones though, so YMMV. My point is simply that this isn't black and white, and if something works for you it's probably fine.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    158
    Length
    bsl/mbl/waist
    Type
    2a/2b/F/iii

    Default Re: Everyday Hair Care and How To Grow My Hair 30/Waist Length.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aerya View Post
    A little note on sulfates and silicones. You'll often hear advice to avoid it, but YMMV.

    For me, no-sulfate shampoos simply don't work. I don't know why, but that just leads to a lot of scalp pain. If your scalp isn't happy, your hair isn't either. If sulfate-free doesn't work for you, just use sulfates. I have WL+ hair and use sulfates with every wash. My hair looks fine and my scalp is happy.

    As for silicones, they're great for a lot of people. I have dyed/bleached lengths. If I don't use a heavy conditioner with a lot of slip (which silicones are great at providing), it's a tangly mess. Having to rip through tangles several times a day isn't good for my hair. If you have damaged hair, silicones can actually be a benefit to your hair care routine. I know a lot of people with curly hair avoids silicones though, so YMMV. My point is simply that this isn't black and white, and if something works for you it's probably fine.
    Yes. Exactamundo Could not have said it better myself. And welcome, OP.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •