Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Happy to be here!

Length
    Ear/SL/WL
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Smile Happy to be here!

Hi, I'm Bright! I've been lurking for a few months and finally decided to make an account.

The longest my hair has ever been was around APL in middle school. It was 2b/2c and tangled constantly—I had no clue how to manage it, so I chopped it off to a pixie freshman year of high school and went progressively shorter until by the end of college I was shaving it every winter and dyeing it every color of the rainbow.

As a nonbinary person I like how androgynous short hair can be, but last year I decided it would be pretty much impossible for me to pass as neither male nor female, since most people will read me one way or the other regardless. At that point I figured I may as well stop trying for true androgyny and have fun. Quarantine gave me a reason to stop getting haircuts, and now I'm at SL! It's been lovely to discover that my adult hair is miles easier to care for than my teenage bird's nest, although I wish I had my waves back.

My current goal is WL. I'm excited for my hair to get long enough to do more complex styles, but I'll be learning them all from scratch so we'll see how that goes. I haven't used heat, bleach, or dye since before the last time I buzzed it; I'm thinking of trying henna to bring out my auburn's red tones, but I'm worried about killing my waves for good so I'm on the fence about it.

It's nice to meet you all!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Happy to be here!

Welcome!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Length
    ?/WL/FTL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Hi Bright!
    No Water Sebum Only since November 2020. Previously water only. Crossed to the dark side and now rocking sebum only. Feral hair nirvana loading...

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Welcome here
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

Hi there welcome!

Length
    Ear/SL/WL
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Hi! Thank you all for the warm welcome! (I'm not sure if it's possible to reply to multiple people at once—still finding my way around here )

Length
    0.25/50/Term
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Welcome!

I will crawl out from your screen

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Howdy, nice to meet you : ) I agree--what is the point of doing something with your hair if you aren't enjoying it? It's much more fun to grow/cut/dye/style/whatever your hair for your own sake and tastes than to try and influence other people's impressions of you.

By the way--although someone may already have helped you with this--there is a way to quote-reply to multiple people in the same post. Press the little quote image that is at the very bottom right-hand corner of the comments you want to quote (beyond the "reply with quote" button). After you have clicked that for all of the posts you want to quote, you can press the "reply with quote" button on one of them, and the posts will all be quoted automatically in the editing box. Hopefully that makes sense?

Length
    ?/??/???
    Type
    3b/3c/M/i/ii

Welcome!! if you want waves you could try out the curly girl method I also would recommend visiting naturallycurly.com despite the word curly in the names there is plenty of information for wavies. good luck if you decide to do more research. Also if you do end up following the curly girl method it might take a while for your hair to adapt. Give your hair time and patience. Good luck!