Thread: Correct me if I’m wrong?

Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Default Re: Correct me if I’m wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Whirly Girly View Post
    YAY!!! It worked!!

Cool!

Sorry if this is not a “quality” post!

Oh and thank you for pointing out the thread to help with multiquotes, Chromis. I will go look at it now. Cool.

UPDATE: Ok I just looked at the thread Chromis and wow....so easy!!! Thank you so much. I’m a REAL member now!
    There is a test board for posts like this and welcome, you surely are enthusiastic. Any particular reason for the large purple text? It's a bit ... large and purple. Some of us are old ...

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by GordonMurphella View Post
    There is a test board for posts like this and welcome, you surely are enthusiastic. Any particular reason for the large purple text? It's a bit ... large and purple. Some of us are old ...
    Yeah... yeah. Well, I'm actually glad you broached it, because I didn't dare mention the bold and the purple. It's extremely hard on my eyes, Whirly Girly, especially now you have even increased the size. Wow! Wow! I tend to like the uniform look of the forum. Maybe that's just me.

And I know that you can sort of set that in your browser somewhere, to all display the same, but it messes up other sites as well, so...

Cute bird, though!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Yeah... yeah. Well, I'm actually glad you broached it, because I didn't dare mention the bold and the purple. It's extremely hard on my eyes, Whirly Girly, especially now you have even increased the size. Wow! Wow! I tend to like the uniform look of the forum. Maybe that's just me.

And I know that you can sort of set that in your browser somewhere, to all display the same, but it messes up other sites as well, so...

Cute bird, though!
    Oh Lapushka, surely you have noted by now that I am fearlessly obnoxious! I do mean it in friendly fashion though ..

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    Bra/Thigh/Knee
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post

Cute bird, though!

Oh Lapushka, surely you have noted by now that I am fearlessly obnoxious! I do mean it in friendly fashion though ..

Yes, I knew about the test board but since I started this thread and wouldn’t be derailing anyone’s original topic but my own, I saw no harm in just testing here. Seems if it was important enough to be mentioned though, it must be a big no-no.

As for the purple text...I enlarged it because I’m on an iPad mini and find normal text rather small, especially on my small screen. I thought maybe older people or people on small tablets might appreciate not having to squint, in order to read my posts. Apparently I was wrong. I find most posts here extremely hard on my eyes too but I would have never said a thing about it. I have to constantly stretch the screen just to read the tiny font.

And as for purple...I like the color and find it much more interesting than boring black. Didn’t think it was such a big deal but I stand corrected.

And yes, I am a very enthusiastic person. Always have been. Sorry if that’s an issue for anyone. Perhaps this isn’t the right place for me after all.

No worries. I am happy to just lurk on this site for information and don’t even need to post here. I run a friendly group on Facebook and I always go out of my way to make new people feel welcome and accepted. On my group, we don’t do obnoxious or centring people out publicly. Maybe that’s just me.

Happy Easter!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Yes, I knew about the test board but since I started this thread and wouldn’t be derailing anyone’s original topic but my own, I saw no harm in just testing here. Seems if it was important enough to be mentioned though, it must be a big no-no.

As for the purple text...I enlarged it because I’m on an iPad mini and find normal text rather small, especially on my small screen. I thought maybe older people or people on small tablets might appreciate not having to squint, in order to read my posts. Apparently I was wrong. I find most posts here extremely hard on my eyes too but I would have never said a thing about it. I have to constantly stretch the screen just to read the tiny font.

And as for purple...I like the color and find it much more interesting than boring black. Didn’t think it was such a big deal but I stand corrected.

And yes, I am a very enthusiastic person. Always have been. Sorry if that’s an issue for anyone. Perhaps this isn’t the right place for me after all.

No worries. I am happy to just lurk on this site for information and don’t even need to post here. I run a friendly group on Facebook and I always go out of my way to make new people feel welcome and accepted. On my group, we don’t do obnoxious or centring people out publicly. Maybe that’s just me.

Happy Easter!
    Relax LOL; it was just about the displayed text! I still find bold/purple hard, sorry.

Happy Easter to you too.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/58.5/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Happy Easter!
    Do the accessibility features in the iPad not work for your situation? You can have the tablet display all text as both larger and bold. Check your device settings and look for accessibility.

58.5 in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I also find the purple text hard on the eyes...

When I find forum texts to be to small I just use the "zoom function" in the browser. Right now all of the pages are at 130% because we chose a certain setting on our new screen. This way it's easy to play around with editing programs for music and videos, but also easy to browse the internet.

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    ?/WL/FTL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

The purple is a bit shouty for me. I blame that on my OCD I like uniformity in text whether it’s a forum, book or presentation. Like the comic sans font - what point is that other than for children’s birthday invites?

There’s a member here, who’s name I unfortunately cannot remember, they do very small text and in a different font - that’s worse than purple IMHO. I CBA to read their posts, even though they might be of interest, as I fear I might go blind from eye strain.
    No Water Sebum Only since November 2020. Previously water only. Crossed to the dark side and now rocking sebum only. Feral hair nirvana loading...

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

I think also the text should be a bit larger viewing the mobile site rather than the full site on a tablet. I've only been able to do it on my new phone because the screen is good and text is clear, whereas on my old phone I basically couldn't (I didn't get on with the mobile site either).

I personally don't mind different colours as long as they are clear enough against the background, but the size and being in bold - or at least that's how it looks - does feel shouty (and even more so when it was in italics)
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    1"/36"/42"
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii/iii

Whirly Girly I like you a lot but that purple text is difficult to read and is a bit overpowering. I've been afraid that others would follow suit and that the forum would start to feel like a big shout!

Please don't leave. I'd miss you!