Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite place to get hairtoys?

Length
    bsl/wl+/clsc
    Type
    1b/F/ii/iii

Default What's your favorite place to get hairtoys?

Hey! I'm new. A bit ago, before I joined LHC, I was sick of sticking a spare chopstick in my hair (cultural appropriation, ahhh!!) I didn't know where to get real hairsticks, so I grabbed a cedar stick from the woods and a pocket knife and made a pair. Lately my inner goblin/Ariel has spoken once again and I want some more.
    I've noticed that some of you are notorious hairtoy hoarders, so I'm asking where you get yours! (Of course I'm a student, so I don't want to drop a bucket of cash.) What Etsy shops, physical shops, or ~online presences~ do you frequent around these parts?

Thanks <3

Length
    BSL/Waist/BSL
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Default Re: What's your favorite place to get hairtoys?

Some of my hair toys I made. I made hairsticks by whittling wood sticks I found outside and then I sanded them. I bent double pointed knitting needles to make large u pins, which hold up my buns very well. I also use velvet hair scrunchies daily, which I ordered from amazon

Length
    13/37/32
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Online of course (mostly Etsy). Check the sticky in this forum called "Hairtoy links". Be careful with your wallet. Happy browsing!

Once you have 25 quality posts you can buy stuff from the swap board, too.

I have quite the selection of sticks from the store HOT TOPIC. Now they are not the *best* quality, so you've got to check them over for irregularities before you leave the store with them. I did end up taking home a pair that had a metal barb on them, but they were real sweet and exchanged to for me without a problem. But they have some real cuties. And they have a high turn over rate since they are a pop culture store, so like check back a month or two later to see what new hair toys they might have.

Also, pro tips: They'll have some that are online exclusives. If you shop in store don't be afraid to dig. Sometimes there will be multiple styles on one peg. And look around not all the hair accessories will be in the hair accessory section. Like the Sailor Moon ones will be in a section with other Sailor Moon merchandise, same with the Harry Potter sticks. And don forget to go over the clearance rack too. Can find goodies over there too.

I know there isn't much online now but: look at the HOT TOPIC thread to get an idea of what they have carried.

You can also look at some of my posts from the Hair Toy Weaponry thread and the Halloween thread as well. I posted quite a few different picture of toys from HOT TOPIC there as well. Most of the stuff you won't be able to get through the store anymore since it is a pop culture store they don't carry the same products for too long. But it can give you an idea of all the cute kind of things you may find there.

Now that I did my speil about that, I mostly buy from Lilla Rose. I have a huge addiction to them and my stylist is great.
    "Do you ever feel like a misfit? Everything inside you is dark and twisted
    but it's okay to be different
    'cause baby, so am I" ~So Am I

Length
    thigh/mbl/waist
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

I'm from Europe and prefer buying stuff from this continent for budget and environmental reasons but I really recommend Etsy in general! I also love scrolling through this subforum and clicking on threads about different brands
    2008: 24cm/10" 2015: 41cm/16" 2022: 120cm/48" // 2022: 52cm/21"
    instagram

Length
    APL/40/48
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

I get most of my hairtoys from etsy as well. My favorite forks are probably from 60th Street. But there are a lot more stores out there. What are you looking for? Forks, sticks, metal, wood or acrylic? Basic or more flashy designs?

I can also reccomend quattro on etsy. They have some expensive stuff, but great basic metal forks and sticks as well.
    Last edited by Finda; March 31st, 2021 at 11:56 AM. Reason: formatting

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Etsy, so many and the price of postage to where you are may affect what shops you might prefer. My hair has a real fondness for MapleBurls to be honest; they seem to be working better than Jeters for me now. Lots of shops I like but either wouldn't work for my hair or are too expensive for what they are, for me. OutNumberedNovelties is great for acrylic sticks, also DragomiraHaarschmuck for acrylic sticks in the EU. I like inspire4creative for their simple metal forks.

Um, yeah. I'll have to come back, it's snuck way past bedtime for me
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I just bought a few acrylic hair forks from eBay like this for $2 each. They have a wide range of hair toys, also a wide price range. Sorry I can't get this picture to show up!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/353643747954?var=622974757649
    Last edited by Liz_H; September 17th, 2021 at 02:16 AM.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I stopped buying them wherever. I have, well had a couple places I now exclusively shop at, which was Ravenslair (now defunct) and Quattro (Ron Quattro). If I add to my collection it may be one to twice a year, but honestly, I have enough, and I still don't wear my topper 2 prongers nearly as much as my basics. Now when those wear out, I'll replace them gladly, but until then... It's all good!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    APL/WL/HL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Amazon cause it's easy and convenient with prime membership 2 day shipping. I need to start looking into places like etsy though