Thread: Share your favorite homemade shampoo recipes!

Length
    MBL/Waist/TBL
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Default Share your favorite homemade shampoo recipes!

Hello everyone!

I am very much into diy, and I was wondering how one would approach making a homemade shampoo. I read about using soapnuts as a natural alternative to more mainstream shampoo, but I was wondering if anyone had any specific diy shampoo (or conditioner) recipes that they use. Any ideas are welcome!

(If this topic has previously been discussed, then please just let me know, and I will read that!)

Default Re: Share your favorite homemade shampoo recipes!

J would live to know also, really looking to make things myself, conditioners as well.
    I did just read a thread about Soapwart and Flax gel shampoo on the forum.

Length
    Chin/MBL/FTL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

If I'm in the mood to make my own I just mix up some shikakai in a cup of hibiscus tea. Super simple and takes seconds to make, which is good because it doesn't keep well.

Length
    10/28/42
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

I found a mix of powdered Ayurvedic herbs on Amazon that has ingredients like aritha, shikakai, fenugreek, amla and some other goodies that are all supposed to be great for hair growth. I quit using shampoo a couple of months ago and switched to mixing that powder with water and vinegar for my weekly washings. My growth really seemed to pick up after that but that probably has a lot to do with the fact that it’s summer here which always boosts my growth all by itself. But it gets my hair nice and clean, leaves it bouncy and shiny and my waves are quite a bit wavier than before. I’m not sure if that exactly answers your question but I do mix it up using additional ingredients.

Length
    SL-18/BL-28/KL-55
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Have you seen my thread about flaxseed/soapwort shampoo? It seems to work out pretty well for those who've tried it.
    BSL, 28” • WL, 31” • HL, 34” • TBL, 39” (personal best) • CL, 45” • FTL, 47” • MTL, 51” • KL, 54” •
    —2a, F, ii (2.5”)—