Thread: Hello - need some advice

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Default Re: Hello - need some advice

Welcome!

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

Welcome!

Length
    ?/??/???
    Type
    3b/3c/M/i/ii

hi im new too! how do you make your own post

Type
    2a/2b/F/i/ii

Hello, welcome Your hair sounds like mine a few years ago. I didn't want any shorter than shoulder length hair so I would let it grow past that and then trim it back, bit by bit, until the worst was gone. This took about a year, but to be honest 6 months in it was already so much better and less tangled, totally worth the wait. It will feel like it takes so long but before you know it you'll have healthy hair back. Just in case that makes you feel a bit better, because I've been there lol.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by valeriamorales View Post
    hi im new too! how do you make your own post
    Go to the subforum you want to post in, then choose the button top left corner of the screen that says "post new thread". HTH!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    ?/??/???
    Type
    3b/3c/M/i/ii

Thank you so much!!! I was struggling to find how to post.

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Howdy, nice to have you here!

With fine, straight hair and a lot of rolling around at night, it might be worth it to try out a smooth-textured bonnet or pillowcase, as you mention. Here the bonnets are available from any drugstore or department store for about $3-5 dollars. If you have a silk scarf, you could tie that over your hair, too. I don't find too much of a difference with my hair, but I don't move around much when I sleep. At any rate, you won't be out much money if it doesn't help as much as you might hope--!

Besides that: I agree, the main ingredient is patience. We have folks on the forum who are growing out bleach damage and folks who are microtrimming it out, but either way takes time. You might want to check out some of Ylva's posts. She has been growing out bleach damage for several years now and still has a bit at the tips, but as you will see she has managed the "transition line" between natural and bleached hair very elegantly.

Quote Originally Posted by shelomit View Post
    Howdy, nice to have you here!

With fine, straight hair and a lot of rolling around at night, it might be worth it to try out a smooth-textured bonnet or pillowcase, as you mention. Here the bonnets are available from any drugstore or department store for about $3-5 dollars. If you have a silk scarf, you could tie that over your hair, too. I don't find too much of a difference with my hair, but I don't move around much when I sleep. At any rate, you won't be out much money if it doesn't help as much as you might hope--!

Besides that: I agree, the main ingredient is patience. We have folks on the forum who are growing out bleach damage and folks who are microtrimming it out, but either way takes time. You might want to check out some of Ylva's posts. She has been growing out bleach damage for several years now and still has a bit at the tips, but as you will see she has managed the "transition line" between natural and bleached hair very elegantly.
    Thank you so much for the advice you've given! I'm very sorry, I wasn't notified about your reply and that's why I'm answering just now. I am definitely buying a satin pillowcase since I toss and turn a lot in my sleep.

The problem with my demarcation line is that I have a very ashy brown natural hair that kind of clashes with the orangey brown lengths. I tried violet and blue shampoos but they stain my ends (that are light blonde) and they do nothing for that orange line. I will check out Ylva's posts, though I can't see her profile for now (I think I have to write a few more posts to be able to see it).

Again, many thanks!