Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbie with naturally curly hair

Length
    ?/??/???
    Type
    3b/3c/M/i/ii

Default Re: Newbie with naturally curly hair

you should definitely consider getting a Denman brush it makes your curls so defined also is remend checking out https://www.naturallycurly.com/ it has helped me so much.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by valeriamorales View Post
    you should definitely consider getting a Denman brush it makes your curls so defined also is remend checking out https://www.naturallycurly.com/ it has helped me so much.
    A Denman, sadly (if only it did) doesn't work for everyone. It tugs at my scalp something fierce. It's about the only brush that ever was so harsh on my scalp. And it just is a no on simply wavy hair, I think (pulls all the texture out). And not everyone's curls benefit from it either. I guess it is a YMMV thing as well.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    Pixie/MBL/???

Welcome to the forum from one curly girl to another. You will learn so much here. I’ve been growing my hair out since 2017 from a pixie. Being here in LHC has made it so much easier. 🤗
    I’m finally checking the ONE and only item off my bucket list! Longer hair than a pixie! Now I’m creeping to waist and can’t believe it!!! Growing til I retire...and probably after.... 🤗

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Howdy! I second luxurioushair's comment about avoiding detangling in between washes if you are trying to preserve your curl pattern in the meantime. This is the main change that I have made over the past couple years that has clearly made a difference in the "presentableness" of my wurly hair. I got a little spray bottle/spritzer from the dollar store to wet my hair slightly if I do need to detangle it between washes. The curl pattern bounces back immediately after that, without the need to get the hair absolutely soaking like I do when properly washing it.