Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: The hair butter thread

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Default Re: The hair butter thread

Quote Originally Posted by cestlavie View Post
    I tried it last night and today after washing and I'm very happy with it! It's not heavy at all but it gives enough nourishment and my ends seem to like it
    That's great news, cestlavie!

BTW, your hair is gorgeous! The color, the texture, the shine...

Lady Neoma, Defender of Creatures Great and Small

Length
    CL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by pisinoe View Post
    Can you post a list with the ingredients and ratio please? I wanna try too!
    Here is the blogpost with the recipe I used, there is a youtube video about it too! I changed some things which I wrote in brackets:

Heated phase
    2.5g | 10% BTMS-50 (USA / Canada)
    0.25g | 1% rose wax (left that out)
    5.5g | 22% refined coconut oil (used 2.75g of coconut oil and 2.75 of babassu)
    7.5g | 30% argan oil
    3.75g | 15% Neossance® Hemisqualane (USA / Canada) ( I used broccoli seed oil instead)
    1.81g | 7.25% cetyl alcohol
    2.5g | 10% stearic acid
    1g | 4% candelilla wax (I used 1g of beeswax instead)

Cool down phase
    0.13g | 0.5% Vitamin E MT-50 (USA / Canada)
    0.063g | 0.25% lemon

Length
    CL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Neoma View Post
    That's great news, cestlavie!

BTW, your hair is gorgeous! The color, the texture, the shine...
    Thank you so so kindly Neoma!

Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Oops! Help! I absentmindedly put this on the last several inches of my hair while in the shower, cause there was still a bit on my hands, and I thought it wouldn't interfere with my WO/SO too much (I do it with oils and it's usually fine), but today my hair is greasy and attracting lint! I braided it, but should I just wait it out till it wears off, or maybe a co-wash on the length? I don't know that I could preen this out but I could try... I tried to rinse it out as best I could when I realized what I'd done, but all I seem to have accomplished is getting it further up. It feels heavy and gross and I'm so mad at myself for forgetting that my hair hates this stuff, even in small amounts, especially when I'm deliberately on a no-product test! My scalp is okay, l didn't get anything on it, so I don't consider it a total loss, but I can't believe I zonked out like that.

Length
    ?/WL/FTL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by FrayedFire View Post
    Oops! Help! I absentmindedly put this on the last several inches of my hair while in the shower, cause there was still a bit on my hands, and I thought it wouldn't interfere with my WO/SO too much (I do it with oils and it's usually fine), but today my hair is greasy and attracting lint! I braided it, but should I just wait it out till it wears off, or maybe a co-wash on the length? I don't know that I could preen this out but I could try... I tried to rinse it out as best I could when I realized what I'd done, but all I seem to have accomplished is getting it further up. It feels heavy and gross and I'm so mad at myself for forgetting that my hair hates this stuff, even in small amounts, especially when I'm deliberately on a no-product test! My scalp is okay, l didn't get anything on it, so I don't consider it a total loss, but I can't believe I zonked out like that.
    Either would work. If it was me I’d leave it to work itself out, maybe use a BBB as that’s a good de-greaser, and wear it in a braid. No reason why you couldn’t wash it out with conditioner on the length and then resume your WOSO routine though.
    No Water Sebum Only since November 2020. Previously water only. Crossed to the dark side and now rocking sebum only. Feral hair nirvana loading...

Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Feral_ View Post
    Either would work. If it was me I’d leave it to work itself out, maybe use a BBB as that’s a good de-greaser, and wear it in a braid. No reason why you couldn’t wash it out with conditioner on the length and then resume your WOSO routine though.
    Honestly that's what I'm going with, waiting it out, cause a few hours on, it's already much better than it was when I posted this. If it's still lank in a few days then I'll reconsider product, but I definitely am never getting this near my hair again, it's a skin-only butter, for me!

Length
    SL/WL/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

Has anyone used Jojoba butter? I just ordered 4oz of it, unrefined. I've always had good luck with the oil and figured I'd use the butter form as a base for leave in conditioners, DT's ect. No idea what the final mixture will be or what oil I'll mix in. Do you have to mix an oil in? I'm clearly not impulse buying
    Last edited by Nox_Inber; April 21st, 2021 at 12:32 AM.

Oyin Handmade Whipped Pudding has become a staple for me, but mostly as a magical body butter. I just can't figure out how to apply butters and pomades to curls. Rub it into hands, and then scrunch it in? But then it can stick to curls and mess them up a bit, and most of it stays on the hands... I would love to figure this out. Lately I have been slathering Camille Rose Almond Jai Twisting Butter over my leave-in as a styler, maybe 10-30 ml each time.

Length
    CBL/HL/HL
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by cestlavie View Post
    Here is the blogpost with the recipe I used, there is a youtube video about it too! I changed some things which I wrote in brackets:

Heated phase
    2.5g | 10% BTMS-50 (USA / Canada)
    0.25g | 1% rose wax (left that out)
    5.5g | 22% refined coconut oil (used 2.75g of coconut oil and 2.75 of babassu)
    7.5g | 30% argan oil
    3.75g | 15% Neossance® Hemisqualane (USA / Canada) ( I used broccoli seed oil instead)
    1.81g | 7.25% cetyl alcohol
    2.5g | 10% stearic acid
    1g | 4% candelilla wax (I used 1g of beeswax instead)

Cool down phase
    0.13g | 0.5% Vitamin E MT-50 (USA / Canada)
    0.063g | 0.25% lemon
    Thank you! That does look a bit more complicated than I expected.
    Collarbone (12.08.21) | Armpit (16.10.21) | Midback (14.10.22) | Waist (06.02.23) | Hip (23.03.24) | Belly Button

Length
    CL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by pisinoe View Post
    Thank you! That does look a bit more complicated than I expected.
    No problem! There is a video about this recipe too:

https://youtu.be/maigu1Fsddc