Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: The hair butter thread

Length
    17,5/25/?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Default Re: The hair butter thread

Quote Originally Posted by Neoma View Post
    Ohhhh, mango butter sounds delightful. Does it smell like mango?
    It doesn't smell anything at all! :O It's very neutral. And very smooth. My skin likes it too, works great in face too.
    These both butters are hard in room temperature but smells between my palms. My Babassu oil/butter is soft but more solid than liquid in room temperature.
    I have heard the mermaids singing... and I do think that they will sing to me...

Don't miss the LHC Book Club!

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Suortuva View Post
    It doesn't smell anything at all! :O It's very neutral. And very smooth. My skin likes it too, works great in face too.
    These both butters are hard in room temperature but smells between my palms. My Babassu oil/butter is soft but more solid than liquid in room temperature.
    It's interesting that it doesn't have much of a fragrance, Suortuva.

Lady Neoma, Defender of Creatures Great and Small

Length
    APL/WL/HL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

I made 2:2:1 shea butter:babussa:honey. It came out a more cream like consistency. I combed it through damp hair and once it was dry I could tell a nice difference. My hair is noticeably softer and was easier to brush through
    Last edited by JasminxCat; April 10th, 2021 at 10:23 PM.

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by JasminxCat View Post
    I made 2:2:1 shea butter:babussa:honey. It came out a more cream like consistency. I combed it through damp hair and once it was dry I could tell a nice difference. My hair is noticeably softer and was easier to brush through
    That sounds lovely, JasminxCat! Are you keeping it in the fridge?

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Feral_ View Post
    I apply mine to my wet braid tassel end. I melt my salve in my palm and smooch the hair into it. Only need a tiny amount as it's very concentrated. It absorbs completely and leaves the hair soft and super shiny.
    I did the exact same--well, "moist" more than "wet," but other than that--and eventually gave up and washed it out a few days later. In addition to stubbornly refusing to absorb, it left my braid tassel a little "crunchy"-feeling.

Different strokes! And as I mentioned, my hair doesn't seem to like stuff on it in general.

Length
    ?/WL/FTL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by shelomit View Post
    I did the exact same--well, "moist" more than "wet," but other than that--and eventually gave up and washed it out a few days later. In addition to stubbornly refusing to absorb, it left my braid tassel a little "crunchy"-feeling.

Different strokes! And as I mentioned, my hair doesn't seem to like stuff on it in general.
    Oh shame it didn’t work for you! My tassel is definitely wet for application and just a teeny amount, a scraping about the size of my little fingernail melted into my palm. Might be due to your hair type though
    No Water Sebum Only since November 2020. Previously water only. Crossed to the dark side and now rocking sebum only. Feral hair nirvana loading...

Length
    CL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

I made a hair balm based on the recipen from humblebeeandme.com, the argan rose one. So it also contains emulsifiers like cetyl alcohol, stearic acid and BTMS-50 (Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol). My oils of choice were coconut oil, babassu oil, argan oil and broccoli seed oil. I scented with coconut and vanilla perfume. The end result is a firm balm but silky to the touch. Not tacky at all! I will try it tomorrow!

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by cestlavie View Post
    I made a hair balm based on the recipen from humblebeeandme.com, the argan rose one. So it also contains emulsifiers like cetyl alcohol, stearic acid and BTMS-50 (Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol). My oils of choice were coconut oil, babassu oil, argan oil and broccoli seed oil. I scented with coconut and vanilla perfume. The end result is a firm balm but silky to the touch. Not tacky at all! I will try it tomorrow!
    That sounds delightful, cestlavie!

Length
    CL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

I tried it last night and today after washing and I'm very happy with it! It's not heavy at all but it gives enough nourishment and my ends seem to like it

Length
    CBL/HL/HL
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by cestlavie View Post
    I tried it last night and today after washing and I'm very happy with it! It's not heavy at all but it gives enough nourishment and my ends seem to like it
    Can you post a list with the ingredients and ratio please? I wanna try too!