Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ignore list and albums

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Ignore list and albums

I hate to do it these days; hate to. But if I get triggered by something, repeatedly, and it's quite a hefty issue for me, then I have no choice, I feel.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    NL/APL/HL
    Type
    4a/C/ii/iii

I do wish you didn't still see that a user on your ignore list posted. I'd like to be able to not see said user at all, unless someone quotes them of course. I thought this same forum type usually allowed that... or is there a setting I can use?

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by blackgothicdoll View Post
    I do wish you didn't still see that a user on your ignore list posted. I'd like to be able to not see said user at all, unless someone quotes them of course. I thought this same forum type usually allowed that... or is there a setting I can use?
    Let me know too, because I haven't found any. I sometimes find it hard, especially when an ignored user is quoted, and sometimes with all the pictures they posted.

I don't want to seem very unkind, but I fear it does come off that way.

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by blackgothicdoll View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Let me know too, because I haven't found any. I sometimes find it hard, especially when an ignored user is quoted, and sometimes with all the pictures they posted.

I don't want to seem very unkind, but I fear it does come off that way.
    I actually quite like that I can see they've posted, especially on a thread where they are not going to be posting any of the sort of thing that made me put them on ignore - so if for instance I've posted in a thread where they are not an issue, and they post soon after, I can check if it was a response to me so I can still address it if need me (e.g. thank them for a compliment, or answer a question, etc.). For me the ignore list is useful for people whose posts I don't have the energy to deal with or keep up, but I also don't want to be unkind - I didn't realise it didn't just make it look like they didn't exist otherwise I'd have used it a long time ago! I think the ideal for me would be hiding their posts when they're quoted as well (so hide it within the quote) but honestly I am happy I can still see that they have posted. It also means I can check periodically whether the issue is still present or if I can take them off the list.
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by MusicalSpoons View Post
    I actually quite like that I can see they've posted, especially on a thread where they are not going to be posting any of the sort of thing that made me put them on ignore - so if for instance I've posted in a thread where they are not an issue, and they post soon after, I can check if it was a response to me so I can still address it if need me (e.g. thank them for a compliment, or answer a question, etc.). For me the ignore list is useful for people whose posts I don't have the energy to deal with or keep up, but I also don't want to be unkind - I didn't realise it didn't just make it look like they didn't exist otherwise I'd have used it a long time ago! I think the ideal for me would be hiding their posts when they're quoted as well (so hide it within the quote) but honestly I am happy I can still see that they have posted. It also means I can check periodically whether the issue is still present or if I can take them off the list.
    ^^ Bolded goes for me too, and for things that are energy-sucking / triggering in a way. I feel like you do! But then sometimes I get annoyed when I can see the quoted bits.

My list is fluid for the most part too. I don't have many people on ignore that are currently still active.