Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Multi-Level Marketing / MLM brands

Type
    3a/F/M/iii

Default Re: Multi-Level Marketing / MLM brands

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
    MLMs specifically target women who are SAHM or similar in low-middle class to lower-class income brackets, pushing the ~independent business~ (it's not, freaking start your own if you want one), and ~you'll have time with your family~ (which by many accounts you won't). These companies go after people who don't know enough about businesses and are desperate enough to try these as a way to make ends meet.
    I wanted to say this! So glad you mentioned it, the underlying ghoulishness is that they're targeting vulnerable women with children most often. At least here in the US they especially target military wives, moms with small children and deployed partners and sell it as a lifestyle, "sell (product) and be a better mom working from home". That's very problematic for obvious reasons, and I hope more awareness will save some of these women and families from going into debt or losing a lot of money on such schemes.

I didn't know Lilla Rose was an MLM until someone I followed from the forums on Instagram posted about hosting a party to sell, that for sure put me off, although if you do sell for them and that works for you, that's awesome! I don't have any because they're just not very much my style but I would probably only feel comfortable buying second hand.
    [Shaved | Pixie |Chin | Shoulder | APL |BSL | Waist | Onward...]

Type
    3a/F/M/iii

Accidental double post, sorry!
    Last edited by leafygreens18; April 4th, 2021 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Double post
    [Shaved | Pixie |Chin | Shoulder | APL |BSL | Waist | Onward...]

Length
    SL/HL/CL
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Woah I really wanted to buy some Flexis but I did not realize they were an MLM. Thanks to bumping this up...

Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

ColorStreet - I'm getting out of it. Adore the product and highly recommend it, absolutely despise that I can't just buy it and they ding you for not selling enough within a certain time - like your entire system makes it practically impossible to sell, I hate trying to market even something I like!
    Last edited by FrayedFire; April 5th, 2021 at 12:27 PM.