Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Short hair pins the width of a hairstick

Length
    shldr/class/dunno
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Default Re: Short hair pins the width of a hairstick

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    My mom has those "curler pins" in metal. Still uses them, and that type of bristle brush roller too.
    I saw some metal ones when I searched for those! Are hers chunky like hairsticks or thin like amish pins?
    Lady Nêssa of the Fair-Feathered Flight in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/58.5/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by nowxisxforever View Post
    Where did you get the sticks? I've had trouble finding things like these. Though now I think I have some leads to go on (leather barrette pins, and vintage curler pins)!
    I made them. When I first found LHC and discovered hair toys my mom gave me some wood scraps and I was using every bit I could, so I found a way to make short pieces work.

58.5 in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I saw some metal ones when I searched for those! Are hers chunky like hairsticks or thin like amish pins?
    A tiny bit thicker than an Amish pin, but certainly not like a hairstick! It has to be able to pass through the netting of a roller.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    shldr/class/dunno
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by neko_kawaii View Post
    I made them. When I first found LHC and discovered hair toys my mom gave me some wood scraps and I was using every bit I could, so I found a way to make short pieces work.
    I've thought of doing this with some woody grapevine or small apple branches! I don't have any tools, so would have to whittle the bark off and sand down with some scrap sandpaper.

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    A tiny bit thicker than an Amish pin, but certainly not like a hairstick! It has to be able to pass through the netting of a roller.
    Makes sense! I may end up picking up some of the plastic roller pins if I find them at a good price. I'm not really picky about hairtoys; I often use double-ended knitting needles as hairsticks because I was gifted some but can't stand to knit with them.
    Lady Nêssa of the Fair-Feathered Flight in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/58.5/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I've thought of doing this with some woody grapevine or small apple branches! I don't have any tools, so would have to whittle the bark off and sand down with some scrap sandpaper.
    That is really all you need! You can even finish with any oils you have on hand. Un-tinted lipbalm also works.

58.5 in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*