Thread: What's Cookin': Oil Blend Recipe for Hair from Scienc-y Hair Blog

Length
    13/13/termi
    Type
    1b/F/M/i

Default What's Cookin': Oil Blend Recipe for Hair from Scienc-y Hair Blog

Has anyone tried What's Cookin': Oil Blend Recipe for Hair from Scienc-y Hair Blog and if so, what was your experience?

http://science-yhairblog.blogspot.co...-hair.html?m=1

Length
    ?/WL/FTL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: What's Cookin': Oil Blend Recipe for Hair from Scienc-y Hair Blog

I make my own hair salve from babassu oil and shea butter with some essential oils in. Fewer ingredients than the recipe you linked, but it works well. Welcome to the forum
    No Water Sebum Only since November 2020. Previously water only. Crossed to the dark side and now rocking sebum only. Feral hair nirvana loading...

I’ve made that oil blend several times and I liked it a lot. It’s buttery when it’s kept in the fridge and it lasted for ages without going bad. I made half quantities.

I tend to get build up from coconut oil and shea butter though so I’ve moved on to babassu oil before washing, and sometimes a drop or two of olive oil after. Babassu oil penetrates the hair shaft and doesn’t feel heavy at all. It doesn’t bother my skin either. The oil blend recipe is on the heavier side so if you would like the convenience of a buttery texture but without the heaviness, babassu oil would be worth a try.

It was that recipe that gave me the idea of trying olive oil for slip.

ETA: Oh yes, welcome
    Last edited by Lady Stardust; February 22nd, 2021 at 01:15 AM.

Length
    13/13/termi
    Type
    1b/F/M/i

Thanks! Happy to be here!