Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Braiding Baby Fine Hair

Length
    12/32/35
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Default Re: Braiding Baby Fine Hair

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Try and separate it by moving it to the side (this is how I do it for a side-braid), poking a finger through where you want it separated, then "pulling" the hair apart. Stick finger through, pull apart. If I don't have too many tangles, this sort of works well.
    Thank you for another good idea.
    Started growing at 42. Always admired and wanted long hair. Thrilled to find waves!!!

2b-F-ii

Length
    HL/BCL/IDK
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

I've the same issue. One thing that helps a little bit is braiding when I'm close to wash day.

Length
    Chin/MBL/FTL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

I do basically the same thing lapushka mentioned- section off hair, pull that section off to the side so it's completely separate, like its own individual lock, then repeat. When it gets cobwebby at the bottom I carefully pick it apart before I lay it aside, even brush out the bottom if I have to while holding the rest of the braid with my other hand. If your hair is like mine and never dries when compressed into any sort of style while damp, what helps me is dampening, oiling to "plump up the strand", so to speak, and then styling once it's dried.

Length
    thigh/mbl/waist
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Finda View Post
    My hair also doesn't seperate easily. English braids are okay, but I'm not sure how protective dutch or french braids are for me due to the fact that my hair starts tangling as soon as it moves. What helps is, like foreveryours already explained, tilting the head. And after every step, so after every strand I take up, I hold everything with one hand and brush the length carefully with the other. That way braiding takes some time, but I don't have to undo the braid halfway through.

Also, my hair needs to be dry. When I have leftover wetness in my hair it tangles even more.
    ^all of this for me too!

Quote Originally Posted by Cg View Post
    I always found it pretty hard to get a good result braiding. After a certain length it yielded constant tangles so I quit even trying.
    That's very true as well, around WL my hair became a tangly nightmare. I'm still trying though...

Quote Originally Posted by FaeBroom View Post
    I do basically the same thing lapushka mentioned- section off hair, pull that section off to the side so it's completely separate, like its own individual lock, then repeat. When it gets cobwebby at the bottom I carefully pick it apart before I lay it aside, even brush out the bottom if I have to while holding the rest of the braid with my other hand. If your hair is like mine and never dries when compressed into any sort of style while damp, what helps me is dampening, oiling to "plump up the strand", so to speak, and then styling once it's dried.
    This too, when I French or Dutch braid I have to detangle continually, maybe twice for every turn on the braid. So annoying.
    2008: 24cm/10" 2015: 41cm/16" 2022: 120cm/48" // 2022: 52cm/21"
    instagram

Length
    12/32/35
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Oh, the joys of having fine hair!
    Started growing at 42. Always admired and wanted long hair. Thrilled to find waves!!!

2b-F-ii