Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amazing long hair in commercial

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Default Amazing long hair in commercial

I stumbled across an ad for Viori shampoo bars. The video on their homepage features women with incredibly long, thick hair.

I have never used these products, so I am not reviewing or endorsing them. I just wanted to share this video with anyone who wants to see it.

The premise of the products is that women from a village in southern China have this glorious hair and that none of it is gray. Even if that's true, I sincerely doubt that using rice water on their hair is the sole thing that keeps it thick, healthy, beautiful, and devoid of gray. Environment, genes, and lifestyle undoubtedly play a role.

Regardless, I hope that you enjoy the video!

Of course, if you use any of these products, please share your thoughts in this thread.

FYI, the bars are syndets, not soap-based.

Lady Neoma, Defender of Creatures Great and Small

Length
    29"/35/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Amazing long hair in commercial

Quote Originally Posted by Neoma View Post
    I stumbled across an ad for Viori shampoo bars. The video on their homepage features women with incredibly long, thick hair.

I have never used these products, so I am not reviewing or endorsing them. I just wanted to share this video with anyone who wants to see it.

The premise of the products is that women from a village in southern China have this glorious hair and that none of it is gray. Even if that's true, I sincerely doubt that using rice water on their hair is the sole thing that keeps it thick, healthy, beautiful, and devoid of gray. Environment, genes, and lifestyle undoubtedly play a role.

Of course, if you use any of these products, please share your thoughts in this thread.

That's gorgeous hair. It seems like a few companies are jumping on the rice water wagon these days.

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty89 View Post
    That's gorgeous hair. It seems like a few companies are jumping on the rice water wagon these days.
    I've noticed the rice water trend, too, Shorty. If it would give me hair like those ladies, I'd be happy to use it!

Length
    29"/35/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

I've noticed the rice water trend, too, Shorty. If it would give me hair like those ladies, I'd be happy to use it!
    For sure! Have you tried rice water by itself?
    Lady Meikyo of the Cerise Blade

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

That's some really gorgeous hair! And, it is very interesting on the product that is used in that country that they use to take care of hair that long! Thank you for sharing!

Length
    ~Chin/TBL+/CL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Thanks for sharing this, Neoma! I looked at their shampoo bars, out of curiosity, and the ingredients seem to be really good. I especially like that they're solid syndets and not soap-based. (Soap did not work for me....) I might try the unscented one, even though it has protein. Does anybody else find that behentrimonium methosulfate provides amazing slip?
    ~Bleach-free from April 2018~*~No trimming~

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty89 View Post
    For sure! Have you tried rice water by itself?
    No, I haven't Shorty. I've been tempted. Have you tried it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark40 View Post
    That's some really gorgeous hair! And, it is very interesting on the product that is used in that country that they use to take care of hair that long! Thank you for sharing!
    You're very welcome, Dark40! I just posted a separate thread with a different video about the Red Yao Hill Tribe women. You may enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by AshtangiPNW View Post
    Thanks for sharing this, Neoma! I looked at their shampoo bars, out of curiosity, and the ingredients seem to be really good. I especially like that they're solid syndets and not soap-based. (Soap did not work for me....) I might try the unscented one, even though it has protein. Does anybody else find that behentrimonium methosulfate provides amazing slip?
    You're very welcome, AshtangiPNW! Soap-based shampoo bars don't work for me long-term, either.

Please let us know if you try their shampoo. I've never tried anything with behentrimonium methosulfate. Now I'm curious, since my baby fine hair tangles terribly and requires products with lots of slip. I just found this:
    Behentrimonium methosulfate is a quaternary ammonium compound used in conditioners, shampoos, and lotions to impart a slippery feel to the product.
    So, your observation makes perfect sense.

Length
    ~Chin/TBL+/CL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

No, I haven't Shorty. I've been tempted. Have you tried it?

You're very welcome, Dark40! I just posted a separate thread with a different video about the Red Yao Hill Tribe women. You may enjoy it.

You're very welcome, AshtangiPNW! Soap-based shampoo bars don't work for me long-term, either.

Please let us know if you try their shampoo. I've never tried anything with behentrimonium methosulfate. Now I'm curious, since my baby fine hair tangles terribly and requires products with lots of slip. I just found this: So, your observation makes perfect sense.

I will try it out and report back in a while. I only wash once weekly, so it takes some time to go through products...but with shampoo I can usually tell pretty quickly if it is going to cause irritation! I am low on products right now, so now would be a nice time to try the solid shampoo/conditioner. (Plus, one of my favorite conditioners with beeswax was just reformulated.)

Behentrimonium methosulfate acts as an instant-detangler for my hair. It is one of the primary ingredients in my Curelle conditioner & desert essence coconut conditioner. I also have F strands that tend to tangle when I use silicones (strangely) or too much protein.
    ~Bleach-free from April 2018~*~No trimming~

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by AshtangiPNW View Post
    I will try it out and report back in a while. I only wash once weekly, so it takes some time to go through products...but with shampoo I can usually tell pretty quickly if it is going to cause irritation! I am low on products right now, so now would be a nice time to try the solid shampoo/conditioner. (Plus, one of my favorite conditioners with beeswax was just reformulated.)

Behentrimonium methosulfate acts as an instant-detangler for my hair. It is one of the primary ingredients in my Curelle conditioner & desert essence coconut conditioner. I also have F strands that tend to tangle when I use silicones (strangely) or too much protein.
    I will wait patiently for your report!

Length
    29"/35/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

I've tried it a few times and I like it. I like it better following the "correct" or more traditional method of boiling it right away for a fee minutes with citrus perl then letting it sit until it ferments.