Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello fellow Longhairs!

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Default Re: Hello fellow Longhairs!

Howdy! I do really enjoy the "old style" feel of this forum : )

In response to your red meat question: I was never intentionally a vegetarian, but I didn't really eat meat for about a decade just because I didn't have the budget for it. I presumed I was getting enough protein from legumes, the occasional egg, etc., but my health kept getting worse and worse. Terrible nausea, fainting fits, and the like. I finally wound up being diagnosed with nonreactive hypoglycemia (still don't know the root cause), compounded by a longterm protein shortage. For the past couple of years now I have been eating some kind of protein for every meal as well as trying to be more regular about mealtimes, although my job still sometimes gets in the way of the latter : P The main symptoms are pretty much gone now. I never noticed a change to my hair either way, but my fingernails--which were extremely weak, flaky, and chippy for a long time--have grown back much sturdier. I used to tear my nails to the quick all the time doing ordinary tasks around the house--yuck!

Different people's bodies react in different ways, of course, and I also have some other chronic illness stuff that might be a factor in all of this. But I don't feel like I'm dying all the time anymore, so that's definitely an improvement! It was a major hassle to get a diagnosis and treatment plan, but if you're noticing big changes to your body/health in the wake of changing your diet, I do recommend trying to get help from a dietician if you can afford it. GPs generally don't have very solid training in dietetics, endocrinology, and all those other fun nutrition things ) :

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Double post! I actually think that's the first time it's happened to me.
    Last edited by shelomit; April 7th, 2021 at 02:12 PM.

Length
    ?/??/???
    Type
    3b/3c/M/i/ii

Welcome!!!