Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Discontinued Product Replacement?

Length
    29"/35/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Discontinued Product Replacement?

Quote Originally Posted by physicschick View Post
    Having glycerin as the second ingredient seems distinctive. Maybe that's why it works for you? You could try adding glycerin to one of your other conditioners and see if that helps.
    Glycerine is high on the ingredient's list of the Garnier Hair Treats line. They could be worth a try.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty89 View Post
    Glycerine is high on the ingredient's list of the Garnier Hair Treats line. They could be worth a try.
    There is fragrance in those, and it comes through with the water you use to wash it off, but it's a nice, mild scent IMO, but then I realize my sniffer is pretty hardy.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    Hip/CL+/Lazy
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Ugh...I hate it when they discontinue my favourites...they always seem to do this to me, and I feel your pain.

I second the Garnier hair foods suggestion, if the scents aren’t too strong for you.

The other possibility...you mentioned needing slip - have you thought of trying a marshmallow root/slippery elm type spray concoction after the ACV Rinse? I’m sure I found a recipe on here somewhere that might help. I’ll add a link if I find it, because I was hoping to try it soon too -https://forums.longhaircommunity.com...d.php?t=143925
    Last edited by PeonyBlue; February 13th, 2021 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Add link
    Letting my hair do whatever it wants to do!

Length
    13/45/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

The Jason brand aloe conditioner I tried has glycerin as the third ingredient (after aloe and water), which is why I tried it. But that one didn't work at all, so I'm not convinced it's just the glycerin. Good suggestion though, I'll try that if I can't find anything I like!

PeonyBlue, I haven't considered that! I have some slippery elm bark in my herbal stash, I may try that next. Thank you!

Length
    APL/Hip/FTL

I like the Shea Moisture line. There’s a coconut oil moisturizing mask I’ve been using this winter and it’s been great. I use their masks but I believe they have regular rinse out conditioners too. I believe they’re silicone free.

Length
    29"/35/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    There is fragrance in those, and it comes through with the water you use to wash it off, but it's a nice, mild scent IMO, but then I realize my sniffer is pretty hardy.

That's true. I find the aloe and avacado ones to be fairly mild and I can be somewhat sensitive to certain scents. But mine is more of an asthma thing so some scents are fine, some are not.
    Lady Meikyo of the Cerise Blade

Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Do you have a Whole Foods around? Have you tried their 365 brand? I believe the conditioners contain Amodimethicone, but they might be worth checking out, especially considering the prices are reasonable:

Length
    13/45/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by renia22 View Post
    Do you have a Whole Foods around? Have you tried their 365 brand? I believe the conditioners contain Amodimethicone, but they might be worth checking out, especially considering the prices are reasonable:

I live in a rural area that's pretty isolated, the nearest whole foods that I know of is a 6+ hour drive. I have a Target, a Walgreens, and an organic food co-op that has a nice selection of "natural" haircare brands like Jason, Giovanni, Alaffia, etc.

Type
    2c/F/i/ii

^ Oh, okay. That’s pretty far. They do have them on amazon now, though, if you don’t mind online shopping. The prices aren’t bad if you ever want to check them out. Not sure what they cost in store these days (I’ll have to look next time), but on amazon they are $4.99 for the 16 ounce, and $7.99 for the 32 ounce, so not too bad..

Length
    13/45/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Thank you, renia! That's a pretty good price. If I don't find anything locally I like I'll try them next!