Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Banana puree for hair is great!

Default Banana puree for hair is great!

I found only very old topics about banana in hair... 🙂 Many people had had big problems in getting banana out of their hairs, but some people had been using banana baby food with good results. I tried this and really loved the result... I love all non-oil- treatments, that can not make my hair greasy, even if I don't rinse them out perfectly. I think banana gave my hair moisturizing at least as much as aloe vera does, and it was long lasting, plus it gave texture. It feels almost like you can leave some fruit in your hair... 😂 because it's not greasy... 👍 now I'd like to try some kind of banana-spray-leave-in-conditioner...

I co-washed my hair, towel-dried it and let The banana puree sit 10-15 minutes, then rinsed it with conditioner.

Anyone else here tried banana babyfood into your hair?.. 🙂

Length
    BSL/Hip/?
    Type
    3c/4a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Banana puree for hair is great!

I've been doing it for years. One of the old threads on the topic is mine. Mango pureť also works. Coconut and banana pureť is great too! I do this because I have too many allergies to uses conventional conditioners.
    Kay , BSL > MBL > Waist > Hip

Thank you for your answer! 😊 I was wondering too, if mango would make the same job, so thanks for information about this too! 👍 I think it can be the sugar and sweetness, that gives these good results, so it's kind of same as with honey and molasses or even with plain sugar too... Would you like to tell how you use banana and mango with your hair? 🙂

Length
    APL/MBL/Hip
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

I've mixed banana puree with egg and olive oil as a mask before. It worked great. I have to do that again sometime now that you remind me

Length
    27.5"/39"/41"
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/iii

I did a banana mask once and it did nothing for me. Zilch. I’ll stick to my SMTs, they never fail me.
    At my goal length of Classic after 2.5 years here at the LHC.
    (still growing though lol)

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I'm with knobbly. Not only did my hair feel terrible, I used real bananas and we pureed them and I still had slime and chunks in my hair. No thanks. Maybe there is a trick to it, that you need to add something to it to make it a nicer consistency? I'm unsure. I just know I am not trying this ever again.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    BSL/Hip/?
    Type
    3c/4a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Priska View Post
    Thank you for your answer! �� I was wondering too, if mango would make the same job, so thanks for information about this too! �� I think it can be the sugar and sweetness, that gives these good results, so it's kind of same as with honey and molasses or even with plain sugar too... Would you like to tell how you use banana and mango with your hair? ��
    Yes honey works too. I've done honey fenugreek with or without yoghurt and sometimes a little added olive oil. Fenugreek, found in the herbs and spice section in shops works best if it's powder form, add water and leave to soak until it makes a gel, sieve and add honey. It's got a strong smell though so you need to like that if not its best avoided.

I apply fruit pureť to damp hair, put on shower cap/ swim cap leave for about 20 minutes then wash out.
    Kay , BSL > MBL > Waist > Hip

Length
    APL/MBL/Hip
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    I'm with knobbly. Not only did my hair feel terrible, I used real bananas and we pureed them and I still had slime and chunks in my hair. No thanks. Maybe there is a trick to it, that you need to add something to it to make it a nicer consistency? I'm unsure. I just know I am not trying this ever again.
    I put half a fresh banana in a blender with one egg and enough oil to thin out the consistency. No slime or chunks and easy to wash out

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by JasminxCat View Post
    I put half a fresh banana in a blender with one egg and enough oil to thin out the consistency. No slime or chunks and easy to wash out
    Good to know!!! (Still not going to re-try. )
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    SHL/34.5/35.4
    Type
    1a/F/ii

I also did it in a blender. It has to stay warm on head,so shower cap + towel is necessary.
    It works nice, not better or worse than any conditioner , it's the difference tho,cause banana and other food can actually feed the hair, while conditioner just makes it look like its been fed.
    Growing virgin hip length